Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 826 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CEP2: Has higher feeder priority been changed for this project?

Set 4 to load to client in the profile combined with MCM1. Latter is coming, no CEP2. When only selecting CEP2 they come without hesitation. The idea of 4 in progress with 1 day buffer is that CEP2 is always started first as oldest in cache, app_config set to only run 1 at the time, so contributing 24 hours per day on the device.

On a different machine/profile with UGM1+CEP2, latter comes always first, but is expected as UGM1 is specifically set to lower priority in the slot machine.
[Jan 31, 2015 10:01:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: CEP2: Has higher feeder priority been changed for this project?

Will not say [Resolved] yet, but it seems the normal prioritized back-filling of CEP2 work units has resumed. After the last completed cleanenergy unit reported, the first fetch was a CEP2 again... status: 4 in buffer of which one is crunching. smile
[Jan 31, 2015 2:56:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Actually no, not resolved, instable it is. At 6:35PM a CEP2 reported and between 9:02PM and 9:15PM a total of 8 MCM1 were received, no CEP2.
[Jan 31, 2015 8:44:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Hey Sek,

The CEP2 feeder weight has been stable. It has not changed recently (as in the past month atleast). The only thing that changed is we increased the weight for ugm1 recently as our backlog of results to send to the researchers had cleared. We are trying to find out how fast we can run the project for them and keep the backlog of results to send stable, not growing. If my memory serves me correctly, I had thought that if there was cep2 in the feeder at the time of query, it should look and distribute that first, up to the member's preferences. I would need to dig back in the code to verify that. So chances are feeder may have been low on work for your platform during the request, but again, I'm not sure on that. It could be my memory on what the code does is incorrect. I know, not the best answer you were looking for, but I can look into it next week for you.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Jan 31, 2015 9:34:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It seems to be an off and on, so increased the CEP2 'In Progress' number to 1.5 times the buffer depth ** to ensure the oldest in cache to start after a CEP2 finishes is... a CEP2. One core only set in app_config with <max_concurrent>1</max_concurrent>

** 1 day buffer depth divided by present mean runtime 5.5 hours times 1.5 multiplied by fraction of day the host computes (24/24). This determines 6 to be set in the device profile to always have 1 running back to back. Turnaround time still under 2 days to remain in the 'reliable' class, if you fancy that biggrin.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Feb 1, 2015 11:07:08 AM]
[Feb 1, 2015 11:05:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread