Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 607 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
imakuni
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Many WUs with "Pending Verification", also 1 Error

So I noticed that my WUs are getting the Pending Verification message. According to the BOINC codes, this means that the server couldn't tell if the result was valid. So, does it mean that something's wrong, or is that normal behavior?

Also, this particular WU, E230775_ 244_ S.290.C33H30N2O4S1.DPRUGUNZZWHTJF-UHFFFAOYSA-N.18_ s1_ 14_ 0-- ended up in Error Stat. Again, is my computer with a problem?
----------------------------------------

Want to have an image of yourself like this on? Check this thread: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29840
[May 27, 2015 5:07:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Many WUs with "Pending Verification", also 1 Error

CEP2 is in principle a zero redundant [no wingman required] project, but only for the proven reliable hosts, those that ran last ~20 valid, without interruption. If an error/bad result occurs on that host, the permission is rescinded for all single processed tasks from that host, until the validators are satisfied enough results have been validated again. Any result that did not have a wingman from that re-tested host is then put in Pending Verification status and extra copies are sent out to -verify- any new results are valid.

Summary: Normal!
[May 27, 2015 5:17:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
imakuni
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

CEP2 is in principle a zero redundant [no wingman required] project, but only for the proven reliable hosts, those that ran last ~20 valid, without interruption. If an error/bad result occurs on that host, the permission is rescinded for all single processed tasks from that host, until the validators are satisfied enough results have been validated again. Any result that did not have a wingman from that re-tested host is then put in Pending Verification status and extra copies are sent out to -verify- any new results are valid.

Summary: Normal!

Hmm, makes sense.

Still, the fact that I had this 1 error result bothers me. Do those really happen from time to time, or is that a sign of something going wrong?

If it is the later, I guess we'd have to diagnose it....

Want to have an image of yourself like this on? Check this thread: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29840
[Edit 1 times, last edit by imakuni at May 27, 2015 6:05:17 PM]
[May 27, 2015 5:26:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Still, the fact that I had this 1 error result bothers me. Do those really happen from time to time, or is that a sign of something going wrong?

If you only have an occasional error, do not worry about it.If you start to have strings of errors, then you have something to check. Cep2 is a complex project with demanding software and sometimes the error may simply be a "problem" unit.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 27, 2015 6:55:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread