Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 762 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
5ftnothing
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CEP2 no tasks on substantially identical computers [RESOLVED]

I have 11 Core 2 duo Linux computers attempting to run CEP2. Some always get tasks and some never get tasks. I have been unable to discover any difference in profiles or config to explain the lack of work units. Any help appreciated.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TKH at Jun 15, 2015 1:03:51 PM]
[Jun 11, 2015 10:35:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: CEP2 no tasks on substantially identical computers

I guess do a ram test and confirm the cc_config.xml file has the correct strings (link).

[Jun 12, 2015 12:37:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
5ftnothing
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I found that the machines that get work are Linus Mint 17.1 64-bit and Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. The three that don't get work are Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit.
[Jun 12, 2015 5:32:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
5ftnothing
Cruncher
Project Badges:

All 11 machines have identical minimal cc_config.xml files.
[Jun 12, 2015 5:45:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

As was explained in the linked thread in the first reply, you need to either install the 32 bit libraries [CEP2 is 32 bit], or you make the indicated changes to the cc_config.xml. The installation of libraries I'd recommend, so you can receive both 32 and 64 bit science applications. The OS installs may / may not have installed substitutes already, which is why you see some getting CEP2 and others not. Either way, the server checks if a host can process a science, else it wont sent it.
[Jun 12, 2015 7:09:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
5ftnothing
Cruncher
Project Badges:

When I initially followed your link I found an incomplete string which I edited into cc_config.xml - no joy. Came back later and scrolled further down the linked thread and found the complete edit "<options> ... /<options> which fixed it.
Thanks for you help Seoulpowergrid. biggrin
[Jun 15, 2015 3:49:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
5ftnothing
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I don't know how to close this thread of if that is my function. It has been resolved.
JB
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 5ftnothing at Jun 15, 2015 3:56:20 AM]
[Jun 15, 2015 3:54:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I'm glad the link worked. It honestly is rather funny that I was able to help as I have near 0 Linux ability. Cheers on the machines working!

[Jun 15, 2015 4:13:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread