Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2943 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Gatchaman
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
WU have dried up : No tasks sent

3634 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:07 Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
3635 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:07 Requesting new tasks for CPU
3636 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:09 Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
3637 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:09 No tasks sent
3638 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:09 No tasks are available for the applications you have selected.
3639 World Community Grid 11/09/2015 13:19:09 Tasks are committed to other platforms
This is from my work PC which has to stay up and running 24/7 as it's got the office printer attached to it.

Okay looks like I'll be turning my other crunching boxes off until some form of notice from the WCG/CEP crew about what's going on with this drip feeding of wu business....
----------------------------------------

"Sadly this project is turning into nonscience......"
[Sep 11, 2015 12:37:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dango
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: WU have dried up : No tasks sent

have the same...
[Sep 11, 2015 1:05:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pramo
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Lots of short oet tasks i imagine have caused some high load messages as well. I just received W/U's a couple minutes ago. Seems we've all seen this before, why worry confused

[Sep 11, 2015 1:10:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Same here; it is still off and on. That is not a problem for the moment; I am happy enough with the other projects. But all my machines are set up for CEP2 with ramdisks and backup power supplies, and run 24/7. So they need hard work, and the easy stuff makes them fat and lazy. So I expect WCG to straighten it out, or at least tell us what is going on.
[Sep 11, 2015 2:34:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gatchaman
Cruncher

@pramo
Can you make the cheque for wasted electricity out to Gatchaman please. :-)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gatchaman at Sep 11, 2015 4:42:44 PM]
[Sep 11, 2015 4:41:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gatchaman
Cruncher

Maybe it's time for a project server status/wu feeder page. That way everyone knows where they stand rather than having to come here and start threads, cough, in order to get a response from the project managers.......

[Sep 11, 2015 9:22:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jim1348
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Maybe it's time for a project server status/wu feeder page.

Yes, this is the only BOINC project I know that doesn't have one. It would be very useful to know what is going on.

PS - CEP2 is flowing again for me on 3 machines.
[Sep 11, 2015 11:07:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Maybe it's time for a project server status/wu feeder page.

Where is the "like" button? thinking

Cheers coffee

[Sep 12, 2015 3:33:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Just when the last were crunching, [trickle] feed resumed. Not 6 on one, but 4 on and not 3 but 2 on the other. They're not the oldest, so they idling a little at the end of the queue, i.e. they're in need of a little help from a friend. :o)

Happy weekend

(status server or no status server, does not change one iota to them coming or not coming... and they at WCG don't like busybodies ;).
[Sep 12, 2015 7:08:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gatchaman
Cruncher

Just when the last were crunching, [trickle] feed resumed. Not 6 on one, but 4 on and not 3 but 2 on the other. They're not the oldest, so they idling a little at the end of the queue, i.e. they're in need of a little help from a friend. :o)

Happy weekend

(status server or no status server, does not change one iota to them coming or not coming... and they at WCG don't like busybodies ;).

You might know what's going on but I, like the rest of the volunteers here, don't have any insight into the inner working of WCG/CEP2 so coming here and making threads is all we can do to get information out of project managers as to why things aren't flowing as they should. If you want to pay for my and others electricity bill then send us the money via paypal, and I'll only be to happy to leave the crunchers on 24/7 with nothing to munch through. Simple.

My idea still stands why not just have a page dedicated to wu feeder status. If the feeder status drops below a certain point then pure CEP crunchers like myself, know a possible outage is coming and can save power by simply shutting down crunchers until the feeder fills up again. Sometimes the simplest of ideas can have the biggest impact.

Although your views are welcome Seke I'm sure WCG/CEP can speak for themselves and if so let them speak. I'm sure a lot of people would like to get some feedback from them.

"......and they at WCG don't like busybodies"

I'd be very careful if I were you seke. This whole endeavour called WCG realise on one thing to keep on going, and that's charity. And charity can dry up very very fast out here on the net. With the flick of a switch or mouse click, it's gone.

Lastly, if you do have info on the state of the servers/feeders then instead of just keeping it to yourself them let the information out into the community ASAP where it can do some good instead of just sitting on it. After all, you are a Community Advisor, yes?

Have a nice weekend.

[Sep 12, 2015 4:58:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread