Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 671 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
tmedve
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Long remaining time

I just started running some CEP2 when the FAAH jobs stopped. When the CEP2 job downloads, the estimated run time is around 15:50. The jobs actually seem to be running around 2 to 2.5 hours. That is OK with me BUT I have a short queue set up so I can get BETA jobs when they are available. The problem is that my machine is not calling for more jobs very frequently because of the long predicted time of the CEP2 jobs.

Is there a reason for the 15+ hour estimated times but the actual times are 2 to 2.5 hours? Does my machine have to "learn" the estimated time down based on the actuals?

Thanks
----------------------------------------

[Sep 29, 2015 6:29:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:
Re: Long remaining time

I just started running some CEP2 when the FAAH jobs stopped. When the CEP2 job downloads, the estimated run time is around 15:50. The jobs actually seem to be running around 2 to 2.5 hours. That is OK with me BUT I have a short queue set up so I can get BETA jobs when they are available. The problem is that my machine is not calling for more jobs very frequently because of the long predicted time of the CEP2 jobs.

Is there a reason for the 15+ hour estimated times but the actual times are 2 to 2.5 hours? Does my machine have to "learn" the estimated time down based on the actuals?

Thanks

tmedve,
This has always been a problem with CEP2 for those of us who run with small caches. Trying to balance cache size with your number of CEP2 workunits is something that takes trial and error.

Good luck with your crunching.

[Sep 29, 2015 6:56:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tmedve
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Long remaining time

Thanks deltavee,
Hey, we both started on WCG on the same day.
I guess you have more horsepower running than my one little machine here.

[Sep 29, 2015 7:01:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread