Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2045 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
tombell12
Advanced Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Pending Verification vs Pending Validation

Hi guys smile

I've noticed for a CEP2 workunit I completed that it showed as "Pending Verification" rather than the typical "Pending Validation". The unit did indicate a Minimum Quorum of 1 but sent a copy out to a wingman after I submitted it. Is this kinda like a random spot check for reliability purposes or does it not trust that particular workunit's data? thinking
[Nov 22, 2015 5:50:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Pending Verification vs Pending Validation

Hi tombell12, yes, it's generally a random verification check - jus to ensure that that the results that particular machine is sending back, is valid.

In time, all machines go through a "re-verification" test, just to ensure that the results are a-ok (this is particularly so when they're running zero-redundancy projects).

Basically, nothing to worry about.
----------------------------------------

[Nov 23, 2015 5:09:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tombell12
Advanced Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Hi tombell12, yes, it's generally a random verification check - jus to ensure that that the results that particular machine is sending back, is valid.

In time, all machines go through a "re-verification" test, just to ensure that the results are a-ok (this is particularly so when they're running zero-redundancy projects).

Basically, nothing to worry about.

Thank you for the reply gb009761, I was initially worried as I thought maybe the project picked up something suss with the processed workunit result & was double checking via a wingman to be sure it was okay. Relieved that this was more or less the double checking without the "suss" factor wink
[Dec 2, 2015 9:12:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:

Actually, it can also happen if your machine has returned an Invalid CEP2 WU or it had one that Errored out. Another instance where this can happen (if I'm not mistaken) is when your machine has a hefty number of CEP2 WUs in Pending Validation (I guess the logic behind that is that the machine cannot really continue to be trusted since a lot of time has passed from the last valid WU returned...or something along those lines).

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edit: sorry, don't mean to be a wet blanket, but you did ask biggrin

Edit2: btw, everything that I mentioned above goes for each and every project, not just CEP2 tongue
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Edit 2 times, last edit by CandymanWCG at Dec 3, 2015 3:35:50 PM]
[Dec 3, 2015 3:29:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

"If I'm not mistaken".

Not going to say on how mistaken you are, just that if there are -no- errors (always a continuous last series of 10 or 20 have to be valid), hosts will remain trusted, allowed to do it alone, with the gb noted periodic post-return verification, no matter how long it takes a host to return the results. If the average return is > 48 hours, then repairs will not be send to such a host.
[Dec 3, 2015 4:09:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tombell12
Advanced Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Hi guys, speaking of errored CEP2 workunits I've seen one error out on all wingman (cutting out at 5 copies). Another one errored out just recently but 2 other wingman were able to complete this unit successfully. No credit granted & I presume a error result is useless to researchers? I'd like to know if something I am doing in particular is causing this? A bit annoying when there is no obvious explanation given in the log. I made a thread regarding this.
[Dec 11, 2015 9:06:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread