Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 770 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Trojan.Ciusky.Gen.13

Hi,

Bitdefender has found Trojan.Ciusky.Gen.13 in

C:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots\6\S.308.C40H30N2O3.QIRXUUIVNIGDLT-UHFFFAOYSA-N.9.bp86.svp.n.bp86.tzvp.n.sp\51.0

Can I ignore it?
Regards,
Matt
[Nov 29, 2015 10:50:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Trojan.Ciusky.Gen.13

Hi Matt, I would be very surprised if this wasn't a 'false positive', as all of the BOINC/WCG data is ring fenced and secure. Obviously, if you feel unsure about it, let your AV software get rid of the file - as it'll then be sent out again to another cruncher's machine, who'll most likely let it pass and crunch to a successful conclusion.
----------------------------------------

[Nov 29, 2015 11:58:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Yarensc
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Trojan.Ciusky.Gen.13

Assuming you trust WCG/BOINC enough (I do) you can turn off that folder from Bitdefenders scans. This should make you scans quicker and save your system some disk activity since there is a lot of new files that go into that folder (each new task).

This link shows you how to setup the excision for bitdefender, but if anyone else sees this just google "setup scan exclusions with _______" and put your antivirus in the blank. The location you want to exclude is C:\ProgramData\BOINC
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-i-e...s-8-security%5D-1067.html
[Nov 30, 2015 3:08:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread