Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 676 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
cehunt
Senior Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Skylake processors

Hi:

I am curious about what users are experiencing in terms of performance with the Skylake processor (ie i7-6700) when it is crunching BIONIC workunits for the Clean Energy 2 Project.

I am currently crunching WUs for the Ebola Project for my 2 year badge. Then I will return to CEP2 to get my 20 year badge.

The Clean Energy Project is my #1 project on WCG. Is there anyone out there who is using a Skylake processor to crunch CEP2 work units?

Do you see a noticeable improvement in performance to the i7-4790 cpu?

Clive Hunt
B.C. Canada
[Dec 13, 2015 12:45:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:
Re: Skylake processors

do you think you can run "all core CEP2"?!

some people didn't get that chance...not sure if Skylake & your SSD can coupe with it?!

so why not run both...but only few CEP2!
wink
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Dec 13, 2015 7:23:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

KLiK, it's feasible to run "all core CEP2" even without an SSD, take a look at the following topic:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,38678
[Dec 13, 2015 7:37:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Skivelitis2
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

KLiK, it's feasible to run "all core CEP2" even without an SSD, take a look at the following topic:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,38678

I've run 4 concurrent CEP2 work units on a slow laptop (N3530 quad) with only 4GB RAM with no problems in the recent past. All ran for 18hrs and validated. This alongside QCN and WUProp. Sorry if off-topic.
Edit: Collatz on GPU as well!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Skivelitis2 at Dec 13, 2015 11:32:17 AM]
[Dec 13, 2015 10:30:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread