Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 597 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org issues, who to contact?

I'm trying to figure out why this specific CEP file isn't uploading. It is finished, but won't upload. In analyzing my client_state.xml it seems that this specific CEP task is attempting to contact a different server than the usual CEP tasks and it's failing.

It appears that CEP tasks normally attempt to contact:

However, this specific task is attempting to contact:

Here is a link to the task in question, which has already timed out from my wingman, probably because the wingman also couldn't connect to upload the result:

When attempting to browse to the cleanenergy.* link, it takes a good ~30 seconds before a response is returned, I can only assume the BOINC upload times out before this and fails.

Here is the full XML data from client_state.xml for this task:
<file>
<name>E235034_390_S.262.C25H13N5S4.LBFXJKGZPVBUFD-UHFFFAOYSA-N.18_s1_14_1_r765845679_4</name>
<nbytes>13095824.000000</nbytes>
<max_nbytes>152428800.000000</max_nbytes>
<md5_cksum>b1d4bf1cfe2790bec68d044f3b9130a5</md5_cksum>
<status>1</status>
<upload_url>https://cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org/prod/cep2/file_upload_handler </upload_url>
<persistent_file_xfer>
<num_retries>19</num_retries>
<first_request_time>1449863031.837080</first_request_time>
<next_request_time>1450024269.158189</next_request_time>
<time_so_far>302.378580</time_so_far>
<last_bytes_xferred>189.000000</last_bytes_xferred>
<is_upload>1</is_upload>
</persistent_file_xfer>
</file>

[Dec 13, 2015 11:51:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Re: cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org issues, who to contact?

[Dec 13, 2015 12:46:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What do you expect me to do with that exactly? The only way I could "resolve" this on my end is if BOINC has a variable for setting the timeout delay on uploads.

But it's a server issue since it only just started happening.
[Dec 13, 2015 4:29:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

1) Provided link to confirm there's a second server and why, it also gave you access to Help where if you enter 'Contact' in the search box it leads you to 'who to contact' ;>)

2) The subject has been ad nauseam discussed in fact, if it is what is suspected it is [you spent lots of unnecessary time analyzing]. If you post the event log stretch where the back-off message appears, it will probably confirm and we have a term for the search box right top to find previous threads on the matter.
[Dec 13, 2015 4:48:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks for the more indepth reply. I tried doing a search (the forum search functionality is really poor) and got a few hits with similar problems, but no one suggesting solutions.

Here are the entries from the log:
[error] Error reported by file upload server: [unitName] error locking file
Temporarily failed upload of [unitName]: transient upload error
Backing off 03:05:44 on upload of [unitName]

With the deadline looming I doubt I'll resolve this in time.
[Dec 13, 2015 10:43:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

For whomever finds this thread in the future, I resolved this issue by going to the "Transfers" section in BOINC, selecting the unit that isn't uploading and selecting "Abort Transfer".

After that it uploaded and was marked valid.
[Dec 14, 2015 7:00:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread