Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1533 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
el_gallo_azul
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is there currently an issue receiving uploads?

confused

I have a work unit E235195_883_S.234.C21H9N5O6S1.QJEXLNOGWIJIDU-UHFFFAOYSA-N.17_s1_14_1 with a due date of 21 Dec 2015 23:40:19 ACST related to The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 7.00, and it has now had Status "Uploading" for weeks.

I've had a look at "My Contribution History" on https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMemberStatHistory.do and results are shown up to 6 February 2016, but I can't see which projects they relate to.

I ask because I want to know if I should just "Abort" this work unit.

confused
[Jan 6, 2016 4:05:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Is there currently an issue receiving uploads?

You can try to abort it, but if it is stuck in the uploading phase, I do not think this will work. I have one from another project that is still sitting on one of my machines for a couple of years now. Somebody posted a way to get rid of it, but it is easier to just ignore it. By this time, your WU has been reissued to someone else and probably completed.
results are shown up to 6 February 2016,

Boy, you must have really sophisticated software in order to look a month into the future. biggrin
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Jan 6, 2016 12:28:04 PM]
[Jan 6, 2016 12:26:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
el_gallo_azul
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Ha ha yes @Sgt.Joe. That's what happens when I try to read a date that has the numbers in the wrong order.
[Jan 8, 2016 2:17:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tern
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Found answer - the upload link to Harvard, 140.247.231.147 has an "certificate invalid - host name mismatch". 157 isn't even there, no server response. If you have decent security software, it's not going to let you upload the results to a "questionable" site. Fix must come from their end or we're just wasting cpu cycles, the work will never be uploaded.

(There were two threads at least on this issue. Any WCG staff actually read the boards any more?)
[Jan 31, 2016 6:54:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tern
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Anyone with this problem, please see other threads - there is a workaround involving creating a ".crt" file in the BOINC directory. It may not work immediately, at least it didn't for me. Here is what I posted in the other thread:

The .crt file either finally worked (after not working yesterday - maybe hosts rebooted? Dunno.) or something changed, both my 'hung' hosts finally got through to Harvard this afternoon. The error message, visible in Firefox, doesn't match the error given above in this thread. I get:

140.247.231.147 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Problem solved - for me, for now - but this obviously still needs to be addressed, or many more folks will start having the problem soon. Thanks for all who contributed to the workaround.
[Feb 3, 2016 2:17:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

140.247.231.147 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

The certificate is not invalid. If you attempt to access the server using https directly via its IP address rather its domain name, you will get the message because indeed 140.247.231.147 does not match the domain name cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org.

I don't have direct access to the server configuration at this time, but it appears that the certificate is not installed in a way that includes the cross-signing to the second root certificate (for max compatibility - see https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,38805).

We are working on replacing this certificate (it is signed with SHA-1) with one signed with SHA-2 and will be working with Harvard to have it configured with the two certificate chains as discussed in my link above.
[Feb 4, 2016 4:39:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
seippel
Project Badges:

We are working on replacing this certificate (it is signed with SHA-1) with one signed with SHA-2 and will be working with Harvard to have it configured with the two certificate chains as discussed in my link above.

The Harvard server configuration now has the new certificate and matches worldcommunitygrid.org.

Seippel
[Jun 16, 2016 3:28:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Thanks Seippel for the update - that's certainly one step towards the recommencement of this project, is there any news yet of an expected restart?

[Jun 16, 2016 8:49:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
seippel
Project Badges:

Thanks Seippel for the update - that's certainly one step towards the recommencement of this project, is there any news yet of an expected restart?

Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate for when CEP2 will be restarted. sad

Seippel
[Jun 18, 2016 5:58:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Okay thanks Seippel for your update.

Hopefully, it won't be too long.

[Jun 18, 2016 11:39:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread