Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 644 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
fragiggle
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ram Failing, Issues for work units?

I just discovered that my ram has many faults from 1 gb sections to 10 gb sections. Both of my sticks are bad. I have since suspended my work for CEP and am awaiting replacement ram. I'm assuming it started failing about a week ago as that is when I started noticing some really weird stuff. I tried memtest86 and failed tests 3-7 when I just stopped.

Would this have caused issues for workunits I have already returned? Is there any way I can inform necessary people that work from my computer shouldn't be trusted? I can't even finish 10 seconds of a prime95 blended run or the Large FFT tests. Though my system is stable, I can play games and browse the internet just fine, I don't trust that CEP2 didn't get impaired because of it, but it is possible I guess.
[Jan 31, 2016 8:12:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Ram Failing, Issues for work units?

I just discovered that my ram has many faults from 1 gb sections to 10 gb sections. Both of my sticks are bad. I have since suspended my work for CEP and am awaiting replacement ram. I'm assuming it started failing about a week ago as that is when I started noticing some really weird stuff. I tried memtest86 and failed tests 3-7 when I just stopped.

Would this have caused issues for workunits I have already returned? Is there any way I can inform necessary people that work from my computer shouldn't be trusted? I can't even finish 10 seconds of a prime95 blended run or the Large FFT tests. Though my system is stable, I can play games and browse the internet just fine, I don't trust that CEP2 didn't get impaired because of it, but it is possible I guess.

Don't worry about it. If there would have been a problem with one of your work units, it would have come back invalid and then been reissued to another person. If you would have had a series of bad work units, your machine would have been rationed in its supply. The long and the short of this is: the system is built to handle work units which do not meet the proper criteria. Keep on crunching.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 31, 2016 8:37:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread