Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 655 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
No2L
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Going on Vacation

Hello, I am going out of town for 5 day starting Friday and I am concerned about leaving my desktop running while I am away. I would prefer to shut it down but I don't want to stop running BOIC for that long.

Is it possible to just shut down my computer for the time I am away and not cause a problem with any of the runs?

How should I shut down the runs that are running?

Or Do I just 'Snooze" All Runs and Not Concern myself with Scheduled Completion dates until I get back?

Also, IF I have someone here but I prefer they don't access my desktop could I bring my computer up and run a Guest session and still have BOIC automatically run in background under my Personal desktop or not?

I am running BOIC v6.50.18 and my system is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.

Since this is Wednesday night, I need an answer and Any Instructions Needed ~ In Reply, As Soon As Possible! Thank You, Ann O'Toole
[Mar 3, 2016 5:23:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Going on Vacation

Personally I have left my machine running on vacation, but it is your preference. Only suggestion is that you stop accepting new WUs soon, so that you don't have a pile of old WUs when you get back. Also make sure you stop accepting FAH2 WUs since they have a 4 day deadline.

To stop accepting WUs, click on the Projects tab and click on "No new tasks"

Hope you enjoy your vacation.
----------------------------------------

[Mar 3, 2016 5:42:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

I also run 24/7 on my desktops & laptops! wink

though on laptop use of TThrottle is a must...
----------------------------------------
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Mar 3, 2016 7:57:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
No2L
Cruncher
Project Badges:

smile Thank You for the Info! That is exactly what I needed. I can Not Worry about it while I am away.
[Mar 4, 2016 2:34:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
No2L
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Going on Vacation BACK from Vacation - How Do I Restart Tasks?

smile Hello, We are Back & On the Project Page I Restarted the World Community Grid. But, on the Task page, all of the tasks still say "Suspended".

Do I Restart them? If so, How?

IR, do I Abort them? Not sure What 2 Do Next! Please Advise! Thank You, Ann smile
[Mar 10, 2016 1:05:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Going on Vacation BACK from Vacation - How Do I Restart Tasks?

Have you tried pressing "resume", on the projects tab?
[Mar 10, 2016 8:27:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread