Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1033 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
sirredneck
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cant get more then 1 clean energy project WU at a time

was wondering if someone could help me with a issue iv been having. I can only get 1 CEP WU at a time, is there a way to get more then 1 at a time or is it locked to prevent more then 1 at a time.
[Mar 13, 2016 11:36:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Aegeon
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: cant get more then 1 clean energy project WU at a time

You need to log into your world community grid account and select device manager and then device profiles and select one of your options at that point. When you go into that screen toward the bottom there is an option under "Project Specific Settings" where you can set the maximum number of Clean Energy Project work units.

Be aware that its set to one by default due to the amount of memory each one can take up and the amount of hard drive strain they can cause if you have allot running at once, especially if they all start up at the same time.
[Mar 14, 2016 12:20:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sirredneck
Cruncher
Project Badges:

im currently running an AMD 8350 with 16 gigs of RAM and a 1tb harddrive. im not sure what the load is on the CEP WUs what would be a good number to set it at, i feel its capable of doing more then 1.
[Mar 14, 2016 1:33:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Aegeon
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I might try 4 with that setup and see what happens and possibly go higher. (You do at least certainly have enough ram to go pretty high if you're not doing too much else with the computer at the same time.) Having said this I'm not really an expert in this area and others may have more specific recommendations. To be clear on the hard drive issue, its not the size of the hard drive which is the problem, but the nature of the program ending up with allot of data needing to go from it to the computer memory at the same time which can lead to bottleneck issues.

I have gone measurably higher than this on one of my machines, but I am willing to tolerate a certain amount of issues from time to time and intentionally manually stagger the completion of individual work units when necessary.
[Mar 14, 2016 2:06:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

The project is for one opt-in and secondly once opted in, you can choose to buffer more, then third, you can use the project app_config.xml file to control how many can at any time run concurrent. You choose, you try what's works best for you, but [pre-emptive] please do not complain if it does not. It is what it is: Opt-In. All that can be said, has been said, recorded extensively on the CEP2 forums for consultation and read-back.

Crunch On.
[Mar 14, 2016 10:09:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Mu suggestion, look at the CPU time and the elapsed time when you are running just one CEP2. Then increase it to run two and compare them again. If you run too many, you may/will have resource issues and more and more processing time will be lost as you increase the number of CEP2's running concurrently.
[Mar 25, 2016 2:24:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread