Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 957 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
erich56
Senior Cruncher
Austria
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to assign CEP_2 WUs to a specific PC (out of my 5) ?

I am using 5 of my computers for WCG.

When CEP_2 work units are available again (which I hope to happen soon), I would like to crunch these on only one of these PCs (on which I am running BOINC on a RAM disc, plus having a 6-core i7-CPU).

Is there a possibility in the settings somewhere to assign CEP_2 workunits to this one PC specifically, whereas let the other PCs do the various other WCG projects except CEP_2 ?
[Apr 18, 2016 7:24:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to assign CEP_2 WUs to a specific PC (out of my 5) ?

You assign via Device Manager > Device Profile which computer works on projects of your selection. There are 4 possible profiles you can create and use.

Plz do read the many Q&As in the Community maintained FAQs, which includes several on the device profile settings.
[Apr 18, 2016 8:00:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread