Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 897 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New to this Massive resources available

Hi There,

Look I am completely new to this.

I have a total of 32 Xeon Cores with 32GB RAM in a Hyper converged solution that I am donating to the cause. I have been running for a month now and I have generated a huge amount of points.

Do I join a team, do I just run solo... confused
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jacodel at Aug 8, 2017 8:49:26 AM]
[Aug 8, 2017 8:48:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: New to this Massive resources available

Hey mate. Honestly it is your choice if you want to join a team. Doing this by yourself can get boring at times which why I (obsessively) check this message board. If you join a team it gives you stuff in common with other people and can add some common goals or positive peer pressure to keep contributing, etc. I am going to be vague as I am not on a team as I couldn't be bothered. Welcome to the Grid and thanks for contributing!

[Aug 8, 2017 9:01:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VietOZ
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: New to this Massive resources available

Hi jacodel,
Like Seoul said, you can either run solo or join a team. It's entirely up to you.
Joining a team: you can participate with the team's activities like challenges/contests etc.
You can compare your output VS other team members. You can get help from other team members or help them back.
Solo: pretty much you're doing everything by yourself. You can create a team and recruit people to join your team. That's going to be a lot of works but if you're good with recruiting then having your own team can be fun as well.

Welcome to the grid and crunch on!!

PS: if you're looking for a team please consider XtremeSystem Team
Team's website: https://xtremesystemsteam.org/index.php

if you are looking for a team please consider XtremeSystem Team
Team website: https://xs4s.org/
[Aug 8, 2017 1:57:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread