Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 153
Posts: 153   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 27006 times and has 152 replies Next Thread
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: No work Units

I last received TB tasks in May 2019. I don't understand the posts here: I will leave TB as one of my projects and hope to receive some work......
----------------------------------------

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Dec 31, 2019 12:14:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Macroman
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi John,

As a simpler alternative to the above if you go to your settings and only select one short running project (Microbiome Immunity Project (MIP) is currently the shortest but MCM is also fairly short) and HSTB and unselect the checkbox

If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project.

I expect that you'll get more than a few HSTB units. The reason this works is that each time you send a completed task to WCG it checks to see if work is available for all selected projects and also if your computer has available work capacity.

It also helps if your cache extra days of work setting is relatively small. I am using 1.5 days now. A lot of cached work makes it look like your computer already has enough work to do.

Another factor that has come to the fore recently for all projects is the status of having a reliable host. I'm not sure of the exact qualifications to be reliable but it seems to be that returning all results within two days without errors at least 10 times in a row. This seems particularly important for resends as these are prioritized to reliable hosts.

Good Luck.

I have been getting about 3-5 units a week.
[Dec 31, 2019 4:25:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Many thanks!!

Hi John,

As a simpler alternative to the above if you go to your settings and only select one short running project (Microbiome Immunity Project (MIP) is currently the shortest but MCM is also fairly short) and HSTB and unselect the checkbox

If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project.

I expect that you'll get more than a few HSTB units. The reason this works is that each time you send a completed task to WCG it checks to see if work is available for all selected projects and also if your computer has available work capacity.

It also helps if your cache extra days of work setting is relatively small. I am using 1.5 days now. A lot of cached work makes it look like your computer already has enough work to do.

Another factor that has come to the fore recently for all projects is the status of having a reliable host. I'm not sure of the exact qualifications to be reliable but it seems to be that returning all results within two days without errors at least 10 times in a row. This seems particularly important for resends as these are prioritized to reliable hosts.

Good Luck.

I have been getting about 3-5 units a week.

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Jan 4, 2020 1:39:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
motleybird
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Do these release at a certain time of the day, like in the morning?

I have 12 days on it and am tired of seeing that gaping blank spot in my list. Just two days and I'll have at least a bronze! I usually turn my computer off at night because it's in my bedroom and I don't want to listen to the fan revving up and down all night. I wonder if that's why I can't seem to get any at all.
[Oct 10, 2020 3:39:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

There are 500-600 TB work units sent out/day. So the chance to get any of those are likely at the same level as winning on the lottery.

It was months ago since I saw any TB work on any of my computers.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grumpy Swede at Oct 10, 2020 4:10:37 PM]
[Oct 10, 2020 4:07:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

And finally, after months of not winning on the Help Stop TB lottery, I got 2 HST1 WU's. One for each of my Laptops.

HST1_306770_000010_MC0025_T350_F00090_S00044_0 (ASUS-G75VW)
HST1_306768_000023_KC0010_T325_F00025_S00045_2 (Samsung-RV511)

[Oct 13, 2020 10:37:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yoerik
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

lucky.

[Oct 14, 2020 1:05:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Whoohooo!

I just got another WU! That's now 4 within a month's stretch. devilish

Ralf wink

[Oct 15, 2020 9:08:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm running 2 WUs on my main PC at the moment.
[Oct 24, 2020 12:03:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spRocket
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I think the key is to get yourself to the status of "reliable host" - I know that I rarely saw ARP units for a long time, then they started becoming a regular occurrence.

Unfortunately, since HST units are like hen's teeth, any host getting enough units to establish reliability just might not happen. ;)

I actually got a couple of units not too long ago, and one of them is now waiting for my wingman.
[Nov 15, 2020 5:29:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 153   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread