Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 851 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
BobbyA
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Notices and Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,
Everytime when I receive a notification in the Windows 10 Action Center (Notifications area), Ican open the panel and see the notification. When I click on it, it closes, like it should. However, the BOINC client is never opened to show me the notification itself (in Notices).

When I manually go to Notices, there isn't an option to mark the Notice as read or delete it. So, it usually pops up again in Action Center's notification area one or more times. So I go and see the same Notices again and again.

So, two requests:
1. Please fix the problem of not opening the BOINC client on the Notices screen/tab when clicking on the notification in Windows 10.
2. Please include options to mark the Notices as read and to delete them. Both would be preferrable.

The problem with the notifications in Windows 10 is not version dependent.
I couldn't find any related info, so I'm opening a new topic.

Thank you!
[Jan 30, 2020 10:02:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Notices and Action Center in Windows 10

Testing, first time loading BM which I never use and is set to open minimized in tray, a fold out appeared at right to say there were notices. After going there and following the 'more' link it got marked as read. Subsequent exiting and launching of BM did not show the BM Notices at right side of the screen. Short for, cant reproduce with all notices read.

There is a 'notices interval' you can set between 'Always' several periods and 'Never' which is meant to mean never.

Think all notices stay visible in the client for 30 days, read or not, which is very hard to see a blue colored 'more' stays blue on next opening.
[Jan 30, 2020 10:57:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hchc
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Notices and Action Center in Windows 10

BobbyA said:
Hi,
Everytime when I receive a notification in the Windows 10 Action Center (Notifications area), Ican open the panel and see the notification. When I click on it, it closes, like it should. However, the BOINC client is never opened to show me the notification itself (in Notices).

When I manually go to Notices, there isn't an option to mark the Notice as read or delete it. So, it usually pops up again in Action Center's notification area one or more times. So I go and see the same Notices again and again.

So, two requests:
1. Please fix the problem of not opening the BOINC client on the Notices screen/tab when clicking on the notification in Windows 10.
2. Please include options to mark the Notices as read and to delete them. Both would be preferrable.

The problem with the notifications in Windows 10 is not version dependent.
I couldn't find any related info, so I'm opening a new topic.

Thank you!

@BobbyA, I've noticed that too in Windows 10. Clicking on the Actions Center doesn't launch BOINC Manager at all. In Windows 7 it does.

Regarding your other issue, the way to mark a Notice as "Read," is to go to the Notices tab then click to a different tab. You'll see the (1) disappear in the Notices tab.

You might have more luck creating an Issue on the BOINC GitHub: https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/issues
(if it hasn't already been fixed in 7.16.x). You'll have to create a GitHub account.

The other place would be the BOINC DEV Google Group.
----------------------------------------
  • i3-8100 (Coffee Lake, 4C/4T) @ 3.6 GHz
  • i5-4590 (Haswell, 4C/4T) @ 3.3 GHz
  • E5800 (Wolfdale, 2C/2T) @ 3.2 GHz

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hchc at Feb 2, 2020 9:02:02 AM]
[Jan 31, 2020 10:04:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread