Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4167 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Work unit availibility.

It looks as though the download server needs another kick in the right place. It has happened at least twice before. Last time it took several days before they noticed it.

Mike
[Jul 1, 2020 10:14:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Work unit availability.

Clean out of ARP1 now, midday stats suggesting 6000 will validate today, when 12,000 are in circulation, allegedly. Idle thread saving me some electricity at WCG's loss.

edit: Post title spellchecked 😋
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 1, 2020 5:59:23 PM]
[Jul 1, 2020 2:31:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

How about doing something else with that spare thread? I always have a mix on my machine and the maximum settings on app_config allow extras for any one project to dry up, so no intervention needed.

Mike
[Jul 1, 2020 3:02:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I have just received 2 re-sends. I on't know whether that means all units are flowing again!

Mike
[Jul 1, 2020 3:42:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TonyEllis
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Just received 4 new works and 1 re-send. This after two minutes ago adding OPN so the machines didn't run dry :)
Edit: Another 5 new WUs just downloaded...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TonyEllis at Jul 1, 2020 3:55:02 PM]
[Jul 1, 2020 3:49:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bugg
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm down to 4 units left to run from about 16 or so and not getting any more, myself.

Intel i5-7600K Kaby Lake (3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, Win10 64bit Home, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 500GB Seagate Constellation HDD, AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

[Jul 1, 2020 4:35:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Bugg, they are flowing again, but still being released randomly. What else are you running? You need to run no more than 50% of threads on arp. The shorter duration units help you to get arp units.

Mike
[Jul 1, 2020 5:00:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bugg
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

So it's WU flow, ok. I usually don't have a problem getting them if there's a bunch available. Working on ruby badge for this, though. I also have my profile set to pick up FAH2, HST and SCC when it can. Will have to turn on OPN1 now. Ah well. That's how it goes.

Intel i5-7600K Kaby Lake (3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, Win10 64bit Home, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, 500GB Seagate Constellation HDD, AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

[Jul 1, 2020 5:59:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Bugg, with 4 cores, you should not be running more than 2 ARP1 units because there are problems with the size of the units at checkpoints and also uploading and reporting, Everything slows down if you run more.

FAH2 & HST1 are intermittently available and SCC1 is currently suspended, so I would suggest that you enable the 2 short duration projects, OPN1 & MCM1 which are readily available.

Set your device profile to custom and your cache to 4 ARP1, 2 OPN1 & 2 MCM1. That way you will average out as running 2 ARP1, 1 OPN1 & 1 MCM1.

If you use app_config, you can set the 2/1/1 automatically or 2/2/2 to allow for any period that one of those projects might be unavailable. That way your machine will also be listed as 'reliable' to get shorter deadline re-sends.

Mike
[Jul 1, 2020 6:32:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3rkko
Advanced Cruncher
Finland
Project Badges:

I just got one so someone has kicked that server to get it working again

[Jul 1, 2020 7:31:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread