Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 57
Posts: 57   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5332 times and has 56 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: WCG on BOINC windows client

They must now have a Windows BOINC client as my Windows machines just download WU's.
[Nov 15, 2005 3:37:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
confused Re: WCG on BOINC windows client

As far as I know, all our Windows projects run with UD.exe, not BOINC. At this time, I do not think that any final decision has been made. We are experimenting to check out pros and cons.
[Nov 15, 2005 6:16:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Can you tell us what the validation rate is? For every 1000 work units, how many do not get validated for whatever reason? nerd
[Nov 15, 2005 10:52:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

They must now have a Windows BOINC client as my Windows machines just download WU's.
Unless something is weird I do have WU's. The App name is Rosetta 4.19 with one WU name de335_03_4. Do these sound correct for this project? They look the same on Windows and Linux machines.
[Nov 15, 2005 4:51:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Unless something is weird I do have WU's. The App name is Rosetta 4.19 with one WU name de335_03_4. Do these sound correct for this project? They look the same on Windows and Linux machines.

Hmmm....Same here, but obviously with a different work unit name. Also running the normal Windows version of UD as this is a dual processor PC.
[Nov 15, 2005 6:02:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
The Aspens
Advanced Cruncher
New Mexico, USA
Project Badges:

Me too - I have it installed and running on two machines.

Do you think they are testing something or is this a working version?
----------------------------------------

[Nov 15, 2005 6:51:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xterminatordedust
Cruncher

Me too. I P4 3GHz on WCG/BOINC.

Right question is: is it good for WCG to use BOINC/windows now???

I mean: I am a BOINC user and I like WCG but don't like UD platform.
Is the project testing BOINC/windows and need us??? or WCG no need us for now????

Thanks WCG admin tell us quickly what is the right answer becaus eit is important
[Nov 15, 2005 7:32:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We have made the Human Proteome Folding project available on BOINC on Windows.

At this time it is not a 'supported' platform. That simply means that we will direct users to use the UD agent for windows and the website will not reflect the availablity of the Boinc/Windows version. However, due to user demand we have made the Boinc/Windows version available for those that wish to use it.

Kevin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by knreed at Nov 15, 2005 8:59:55 PM]
[Nov 15, 2005 8:59:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xterminatordedust
Cruncher

the website will not reflect the availablity of the Boinc/Windows version.
Kevin

In the future it will reflect it ??????
[Nov 15, 2005 9:54:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Richard Maths 1
Cruncher
Project Badges:

How does one get the Boinc Windows version?
Richard
[Nov 15, 2005 10:43:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 57   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread