Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6743 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Server updates and changes

Getting invalids for the first time due to your updates may only affiliated a few people but you should keep an eye on it next time. 12 hour you say, I still some 30 hours later get all my results back as Pending verification dispite at least 100 results have been re-run, at least not returned as invalid. Should I stop WCG?
I do 650 WU on the one rig and the number of PVs stayed the same since yesterday so I assume that most are good.

I don't think you need to stop WCG. I was in the same position as you with many pages of pending verification. In the last couple of hours now almost all my units have started coming back valid. The backlog of pending verification has also gone down to 13 pages from over 30 pages earlier. Just give it some time.
Cheers
Edit:spelling
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Oct 27, 2020 10:57:12 PM]
[Oct 27, 2020 10:55:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grumpy Swede
Master Cruncher
Svíþjóð
Project Badges:

I have no "pending verifications", but many pages of "pending validations". Slowly but surely, they're now turning into "valid"

[Oct 27, 2020 11:00:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Yeah, I apologize for the issue with the invalids. In in ideal world, it should be about 12 hours on a machine. However there are lots of variables and one of those being the wingman variable which is highly unpredictable. Also, until your host is considered reliable again (when the result is initially sent out), then you will get pending verification. This is because when a work unit is created with zero redundancy, they will send out an additional result to another host, if your host is not considered reliable yet. This happens only after your machine requests a new result. I assume your machine now is probably being picked up as being the machine that helps verify other machines if it is considered reliable now. You can tell this by getting mostly _1 or _2 as the result name. There are more results that need wingmen right now due to the issue yesterday and that could slow it down some. Again, I am sorry about the issue, we did not encounter it on Saturday during the first steps when they were taken. We only saw them on Monday. We have developed a plan to prevent it and used that plan today which saw no disruptions to the members and we are confident that it will perform the same for the next 2 days of changes.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Oct 27, 2020 11:08:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks Uplinger. No need to apologize. Anybody who has worked in any phase of IT will know unforeseen problems crop up from time to time. We appreciate your efforts to resolve these issues. Sometimes we just need to be patient.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Oct 28, 2020 12:35:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dango
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

28-Oct-2020 17:16:33 [World Community Grid] Error reported by file upload server: Server is out of disk space
28-Oct-2020 17:16:33 [World Community Grid] Error reported by file upload server: Server is out of disk space
28-Oct-2020 17:16:33 [World Community Grid] Temporarily failed upload of ARP1_0013596_032_3_r2112977253_4: transient upload error
28-Oct-2020 17:16:33 [World Community Grid] Backing off 3 min 23 sec on upload of ARP1_0013596_032_3_r2112977253_4
[Oct 28, 2020 4:29:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Keith

Are the server problems anything to do with us being unable to get any arp1 units today?

Mike
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mike.Gibson at Oct 28, 2020 4:36:31 PM]
[Oct 28, 2020 4:33:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

Shouldn't be. Let me investigate to figure out what is happening.

-Uplinger
[Oct 28, 2020 4:47:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

Going into the database, the system that does the create work is currently down for remote viewing, so I can't retrieve logs. But I'll see what I can find in the database. System to get to logs is currently in recovery mode after drive removals.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Oct 28, 2020 4:56:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

Looks like I have some cleanup to do. There is no work available at the moment because the load script is failing. I do not have eta on fix... I will let you know when it is complete.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Oct 28, 2020 5:07:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Looks like I have some cleanup to do. There is no work available at the moment because the load script is failing. I do not have eta on fix... I will let you know when it is complete.

Thanks,
-Uplinger

Don't know if it's complete, but I'm getting WUs here.

Thanks!
[Oct 29, 2020 2:09:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread