Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1038 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Cosmic Computing
Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin Feature Request: Contribution History (Daily) break down of points, results, time by project

Hi everyone,

I had a "Shower Thought" today after wanting to have a better understanding of what projects I'm making headway on. It's all fine and good to copy paste the table of your main contributions to see the daily change but I'd like to see this more automated. It would be great if I could go to contribution history, and click on each day's contribution and get a finer breakdown of what was worked on.

E.g. say I processed 200K or 1M points in a day, but when I click on the row for yesterday, I see the breakdown of yesterday's points, cpu time, and number of results by research project. So for 200K points and idk a few hundred results I could then see 100K of those points were African Rainfall project and that comes out to a few tens of thousands of points, then I'd see on the next row say Smash Childhood Cancer with another 80K of those points and a hundred or more results- whatever the numbers are, you can probably see what I'm after.

This would be an incredibly useful tool and it could later be expanded for each team- I see this sort of metric being much easier to present for companies as well to demonstrate their impact without needing them to have a data scientist or analyst to generate those numbers every day, week, month, year, for reporting. It also helps me, someone with a lot of computers working on WCG to know where my watts are being put into, so to speak...

Thanks, I hope that this isn't too far fetched but it would be an awesome and highly practical feature.

Tmanok
----------------------------------------
I may be only #890 out of 750,000 but you just wait until I build my datacentre!
Current personal rack: 12 servers, all dual X5650+, 2TB+ cumulative RAM, 60TB+ storage.
[Nov 8, 2020 12:52:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TonyEllis
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Feature Request: Contribution History (Daily) break down of points, results, time by project

Here's what I put together for my own benefit... Especially useful when staying with friends.

https://www.sraellis.tk/wcg.php?number=wcg-16..._danda&alternative=16

If you are running Linux then checkout some of the scripts adriverhoef has put together. They provide a lot of data in a form that can easily be displayed or inserted into a database etc. There is a link to one or two of his scripts at the bottom of most of my pages. I use the data his scripts provide and format them into web-pages. You can find some discussion regarding them elsewhere on this WCG web-site. For instance, search these forums using the term "wcgresults"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TonyEllis at Nov 8, 2020 3:48:16 PM]
[Nov 8, 2020 3:37:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread