Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 524
Posts: 524   Pages: 53   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 131102 times and has 523 replies Next Thread
bahorn
Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Missing Devices in My Contribution

Although I have more than 8 devices participating in the WCG, My Contribution->Devices only displays 8. BOINC on the "additional" devices shows that they are successfully downloading, executing and uploading work, but these devices do not show up The devices are not visible under Device Management.
[Oct 28, 2022 1:38:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PMH_UK
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Re: Missing Devices in My Contribution

There are some issues with the system still outstanding, see also other recent threads.
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/listrecentthreads
Paul.
----------------------------------------
Paul.
[Oct 28, 2022 2:57:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

@Cyclops:

I have a similar problem:
I added two (2) computers to do WCG WU processing back on October 3rd and they both started processing WU using my DEFAULT PROFILE.

One was eventually recognized by the system, shows up in the DEVICES list and allows me to change its assigned profile as I desired.

However.
The other computer does NOT show up in the DEVICES list but DOES appear in the RESULTS tabulation just fine and continues to use the DEFAULT profile.

THAT IS MY PROBLEM - the system has still not recognized that computer to allow me to modify its [assigned] profile.

Other than twiddling my thumbs waiting for the system to finally seeing that computer and allowing the profile to be changed, what are my options?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Nov 1, 2022 12:00:12 AM]
[Oct 31, 2022 11:19:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher

@Cyclops:

I have a similar problem:
I added two (2) computers to do WCG WU processing back on October 3rd and they both started processing WU using my DEFAULT PROFILE.

One was eventually recognized by the system, shows up in the DEVICES list and allows me to change its assigned profile as I desired.

However.
The other computer does NOT show up in the DEVICES list but DOES appear in the RESULTS tabulation just fine and continues to use the DEFAULT profile.

THAT IS MY PROBLEM - the system has still not recognized that computer to allow me to modify its [assigned] profile.

Other than twiddling my thumbs waiting for the system to finally seeing that computer and allowing the profile to be changed, what are my options?

Hi bfmorse, I passed your issue on to the tech team and I'll keep you posted on any answers they can come up with. In the meantime, are there any screenshots that might help them diagnose the issue that you are able to share?
[Nov 1, 2022 7:25:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Hi Cyclops,
I have a similar issue.
You can't show a device that is missing from the list of devices. You can show that it is missing if you have a few devices. But like me, I have hundreds of device names. Some of them show up more than once, because they have the same name. So, it becomes problematic to show that it is missing. But there are alternative ways to show the problem.

Here is one way:

Each device has a numerical ID. Let's call it DEVICE_ID.
You should be able to find the DEVICE_ID in the file sched_request_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml in the BOINC-directory (~boinc) on the designated device by inspecting the contents of the element <hostid> in that file.

Then, using that DEVICE_ID, you should be able to modify its configuration using the URL https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/device/viewDeviceConfiguration.do?deviceId=DEVICE_ID&deviceType=B (where DEVICE_ID is the numerical ID of your device).

As soon as a device has returned a result, that URL should work.
In my case, this is (list your DEVICE_ID here): 8573952

There, using that URL, if it works, it should list your Current Assigned Device Profile.
This works for me now (where it didn't before). So that's step 1, to prove that it exists.

Now we go to step 2. The device should be listed in Device Management.

When you go to Device Management, you should see all your current Device Names.
My device, '4700U-ubuntu' (with DEVICE_ID 8573952), is missing.

From 'or With Result(s) Returned:', when I select the value "anytime (all devices)", a list pops up with all my devices, sorted by "Date Installed & Registered". If you hover over the Device Names there, you should be able to see their IDs. From the top to the bottom, the IDs are descending.

In my case, the DEVICE_ID 8573952 is missing. This is a recent ID. However, the most recent ID in my list is: 8555363 (02/11/2022 18:39:25). That's February 2022.

Is this enough proof that my device is missing, Cyclops?

Do you need my ID (taken from my profile)? https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=575391
[Edit 2 times, last edit by adriverhoef at Nov 1, 2022 11:15:34 AM]
[Nov 1, 2022 11:03:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher

Hi Cyclops,
I have a similar issue.
You can't show a device that is missing from the list of devices. You can show that it is missing if you have a few devices. But like me, I have hundreds of device names. Some of them show up more than once, because they have the same name. So, it becomes problematic to show that it is missing. But there are alternative ways to show the problem.

Here is one way:

Each device has a numerical ID. Let's call it DEVICE_ID.
You should be able to find the DEVICE_ID in the file sched_request_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml in the BOINC-directory (~boinc) on the designated device by inspecting the contents of the element <hostid> in that file.

Then, using that DEVICE_ID, you should be able to modify its configuration using the URL https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/device/viewDeviceConfiguration.do?deviceId=DEVICE_ID&deviceType=B (where DEVICE_ID is the numerical ID of your device).

As soon as a device has returned a result, that URL should work.
In my case, this is (list your DEVICE_ID here): 8573952

There, using that URL, if it works, it should list your Current Assigned Device Profile.
This works for me now (where it didn't before). So that's step 1, to prove that it exists.

Now we go to step 2. The device should be listed in Device Management.

When you go to Device Management, you should see all your current Device Names.
My device, '4700U-ubuntu' (with DEVICE_ID 8573952), is missing.

From 'or With Result(s) Returned:', when I select the value "anytime (all devices)", a list pops up with all my devices, sorted by "Date Installed & Registered". If you hover over the Device Names there, you should be able to see their IDs. From the top to the bottom, the IDs are descending.

In my case, the DEVICE_ID 8573952 is missing. This is a recent ID. However, the most recent ID in my list is: 8555363 (02/11/2022 18:39:25). That's February 2022.

Is this enough proof that my device is missing, Cyclops?

Do you need my ID (taken from my profile)? https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=575391

Hi adriverhoef, thanks for sharing this with me. I've sent it to the tech team too and I will post any answers we come to here.
[Nov 1, 2022 3:19:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

@cyclops

Email sent with attached file as requested.

[ETA: Please let me know if you received the information OK]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Nov 1, 2022 5:15:32 PM]
[Nov 1, 2022 3:48:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adriverhoef
Master Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Hi Cyclops, you wrote:
Hi adriverhoef, thanks for sharing this with me. I've sent it to the tech team too and I will post any answers we come to here.

Upon checking my list of devices again in my hotel room, after a trip by train, I saw that my laptop with ID 8573952 is listed now. So this issue has been resolved for me, I guess.

My wcgstats Linux computer program finally shows my Ubuntu laptop
(by using the option -Z it will list your devices by querying the WCG-server):
$ wcgstats -Z | grep ubuntu | sed 1q
8573952	4700U-ubuntu	Linux Ubuntu	2022-08-22T14:43:40+0000		Default	4277503	1380883	590
^^^^^^^
That's the ID! dancing

Thanks! rose
[Nov 1, 2022 4:56:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cyclops
Senior Cruncher

Hi Cyclops, you wrote:

Upon checking my list of devices again in my hotel room, after a trip by train, I saw that my laptop with ID 8573952 is listed now. So this issue has been resolved for me, I guess.

My wcgstats Linux computer program finally shows my Ubuntu laptop
(by using the option -Z it will list your devices by querying the WCG-server):
$ wcgstats -Z | grep ubuntu | sed 1q
8573952	4700U-ubuntu	Linux Ubuntu	2022-08-22T14:43:40+0000		Default	4277503	1380883	590
^^^^^^^
That's the ID! dancing

Thanks! rose

Glad it worked out for you adriverhoef!

To you and bfmorse: from what the tech team was able to find, it seems like the devices were registered in the BOINC database but excluded from the website database. Many devices that were missing have been synchronized between the two using the procedure provided by IBM. However, there are still issues with displaying information about those devices that were synchronized between BOINC and DB2 as you identified, and also w.r.t. statistics in My Contribution or listings in My Contribution. The tech team will be working to fix this issue and have classified it as a high priority bug.
In the meantime, I will add this issue to the Comprehensive Bug List. Any updates will be shared on that thread as well as this one.
[Nov 1, 2022 5:45:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AgrFan
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

@Cyclops,

I'm missing two newly configured devices in My Devices. Statistics history is missing as well for both machines.

HostIDs for the missing devices are 8649437 and 8649578.

Any ETA for getting this fully resolved?
[Edit 10 times, last edit by AgrFan at Nov 1, 2022 8:26:13 PM]
[Nov 1, 2022 7:45:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 524   Pages: 53   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread