Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10642 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: WCG Data Transfer Underway, Stress Test of New Infrastructure Scheduled For Feb 28th

The odds are that WCG will restart part way through a day. Will that day count? Probably only the fastest machines would be able to start from zero and complete within that first day. It might be just possible for me if I prioritise the quickest units for the first day or so.

Also, we will all be running out of work on different days. When will the streaks be suspended?

Mike

Streaks have now been suspended. Any streak that was active as of Feb 13th has been extended to today (Feb 16th) where it will sit until the restart.

Note - the website may show that you do not have a streak active after today - that is just an artifact of the them not being updated. The extension on the other side will resolve that.
[Feb 16, 2022 5:47:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gio777
Advanced Cruncher
Georgia
Project Badges:
Re: WCG Data Transfer Underway, Stress Test of New Infrastructure Scheduled For Feb 28th

need WU's to be busy.
----------------------------------------

[Feb 16, 2022 5:55:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The testing is expected to be done in-house first, to establish if there are any performance bottlenecks in the new environment that could impede achieving established performance levels. After that there should be testing with limited outside involvement, followed by more testing and other steps toward the restart of the projects.

1. Is that an official response or just someone's "rule of thumb"( I am assuming it isn't official)?
2. Who's expectation?
[Feb 16, 2022 6:23:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SystemViper
Cruncher
Cayman Islands
Project Badges:

Yes, let us know how we can help out.

I am looking forward to working with Krembil.

It will be nice to help get this new partnership between
crunchers and researchers off to a good start.

Personally I can't wait to see the new and exciting projects
that Krembil can bring to WCG.

Please keep us updated and lrt us know what we can do
to help with the stress testing.

Respect
SV

[Feb 19, 2022 8:59:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geophi
Advanced Cruncher
U.S.
Project Badges:

The testing is expected to be done in-house first, to establish if there are any performance bottlenecks in the new environment that could impede achieving established performance levels. After that there should be testing with limited outside involvement, followed by more testing and other steps toward the restart of the projects.

1. Is that an official response or just someone's "rule of thumb"( I am assuming it isn't official)?
2. Who's expectation?

Looks like savas is a member of the project team (no badges, posts only in answer to administrative or technical questions, joined Sep 21 2021). So, probably what is planned at the moment for going through this process?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by geophi at Feb 19, 2022 9:32:50 PM]
[Feb 19, 2022 9:28:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jurisica
World Community Grid Admin, Mapping Cancer Markers and Help Conquer Cancer Scientist
Project Badges:

Thank you SyystemViper and others

indeed - while we will be busy with the final phase - we will definitely ensure we keep the volunteers informed about the progress; and we do have a plan for some additional material.

And - we are absolutely thrilled to embrace the citizens science fully - and to work together on exciting scientific projects that benefit humanity.

thank you

igor
[Feb 20, 2022 3:19:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KerSamson
Master Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

As mentioned in this message:
If Krembil needs some volunteers for beta testing the operation of the new platform prior completely releasing it for productive use, I would like to be one of them.
You can contact me via e-mail.
Cheers,
Yves
[Feb 20, 2022 11:22:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread