Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Global Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 160
Posts: 160   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 129824 times and has 159 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: World Community Grid complete restart

Sgt.Joe

I am still running my Android tablet with MCM1 units, however I haven't had SCC1 units for a while. That is ARM.

Mike

Thanks for the clarification.
I stand corrected.

Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 3, 2023 2:41:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spRocket
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

In the time I've been active, ARM Linux (i.e. non-Android) has only ever had OPN1. I'd love to see work units for other projects, but I guess that isn't happening, so my small collection of ARM hardware mostly gets used for SDR stuff.
[Jul 3, 2023 5:23:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

In the time I've been active, ARM Linux (i.e. non-Android) has only ever had OPN1. I'd love to see work units for other projects, but I guess that isn't happening, so my small collection of ARM hardware mostly gets used for SDR stuff.
There used to be MCM1 WUs on ARM Linux, I know I got them in the past on my RPi4+, but they seemed to have dried up I think since the outage due to hardware failure a few months back...

Ralf

[Jul 6, 2023 6:09:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jnewman67
Cruncher
Project Badges:

It's been 6 months since I last checked in, but I've not really seen any updates, so I'm reaching out to see where things are at. Has there been any meaningful progress in available work to do or the ability to get that work in that time? I've poked around the forums and the news sections, and have not seen anything hopeful, so thought I'd ask.
Thanks.
[Aug 15, 2023 2:14:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It's been 6 months since I last checked in, but I've not really seen any updates, so I'm reaching out to see where things are at. Has there been any meaningful progress in available work to do or the ability to get that work in that time? I've poked around the forums and the news sections, and have not seen anything hopeful, so thought I'd ask.
Thanks.

Well, today there are plenty of work units.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 15, 2023 4:02:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
phillipspencer
Advanced Cruncher
France
Project Badges:

Thanks.

Hi, I understand your concern about updates. They are frustratingly few and far between, As Sgt Joe has said, there are work units at the moment (I have MCM and SCC running now). However, the supply tends to be intermittent as technical support is only about 9-5 Canadian working weekdays. If a problem happens, say, on a Friday evening don't expect to see anything sorted until the following week.
I think the most up-to-date thread in the News section is:
Thread: 2023-07-31 Update (MCM1 issue resolved)
It will bring you up to speed and, about page 5 or 6, Dr Jurisica gives his thoughts. (BTW, take the word "resolved" in the title with a pinch of salt!)
My advice would be to have WCG switched on so you get WUs to crunch when available but if you want to crunch units whenever to add a second or third health-related project (I also run DENIS, Rosetta and, as a last resort, SiDock though the latter has rather large and long-running WUs for my machine.)
Hope that helps and you hang in there!
Cheers
Phillip
[Aug 16, 2023 9:50:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
verlyol-belgium
Cruncher
Belgium
Project Badges:

...Or move to folding@home to not have this kind of problem anymore.

Ryzen 3 1200 4c @ 3.6Ghz
FX-6300 6c @ 3.8Ghz
Ryzen 3 3300x coming soon...
[Aug 19, 2023 1:33:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

So far so good this weekend. The supply appears to be sufficient.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Aug 19, 2023 7:04:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cuphi
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I just work with AI now. My GPU's CPU's, RAM, Network, and storage space are all devoted to building the foundation of humanity's artificial evolutionary successors.

I for one welcome not only the rule of our new AI overlords but the coming purge of fragile flesh from the scientific method.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cuphi at Aug 20, 2023 8:30:52 PM]
[Aug 20, 2023 8:23:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dchhbfx
Cruncher
China
Project Badges:

hello

[Mar 4, 2024 11:24:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 160   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread