Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 149 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
shanen0
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Unable to report units?

New problem, but mostly encouragement not to look at what's going on. Yet...

Watched a unit complete to 100%. Then it ran for a while, but never became ready to report. Then it fell back and restarted with about a minute left. Computed for a while and reached a 100%, but again sat there without reporting. I watched it for a minute or two, and then it had restarted again with about a minute of work left. Not sure how many times it had looped, but that time (the third) while I was watching it, there finally was success and it got reported.

Can't say or even pretend that I care anymore, but if I was a researcher trying to report results based on a broken computing platform... You know, like Caesar's wife.

(I stopped adding BOINC to new computers a while back, and also removed it from one of my old computers, but it's still running on two machines.)
[Feb 26, 2024 9:52:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread