Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7395 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lost my account?

I have been running the UD agent for a long time now (my account info showed over 2 years of CPU time). Fairly recently (last week)? it stopped connecting. I don't have any firewall software so I figured there was a new agent out. I downloaded the new wcg agent and installed it, and it wouldnt take my old login. I was able to create a new account using my same old name, but of course all of my stats are gone.

So...how do I get my stats back?

Thanks
[Nov 22, 2005 5:38:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Lost my account?

Blazer0x --

Your use of the UD agent previously was over at grid.org and not at the World Community Grid. The credits you earned at that organization cannot be transferred from their projects to the World Community Grid.
[Nov 22, 2005 7:49:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks for the explanation. Is grid.org no more?
[Nov 25, 2005 7:23:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Blazer0x --

They are still running I think (I never participated with them and haven't paid too much attention to them). Both the World Community Grid and grid.org participated in the Human Proteome Folding project this past year in order to get it done within a year. Since grid.org is sponsored by United Devices, both organizations used the UD Agent (with some differences) and because the user interface is the same, it has lead to a lot of confusion. Now, a year later, the two diverge as we deploy Linux support through BOINC and move into new project areas that are not being run at grid.org, it will become more apparent that we are two different organizations.
[Nov 25, 2005 8:59:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread