Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 768 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Startup load order

With WCG software loading first at startup, I have to wait some time for Norton Internet Security and Anti-virus to load before getting on the internet. Can I change the sequence to load WCK last?

Thanks for the help!

Dan Dugan
[Dec 7, 2005 2:18:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Startup load order

Those of us who leave our computers crunching all night don't have that problem. laughing

I wouldn't think a change of startup order would help much. The wait for WCG to come up after Norton would only be a few seconds.

At the moment you are starting WCG first. It runs at low priority and should drop out of the way if Norton needs more computer attention since it's started second.

Here's a link discussing startup order. They look mostly like third party products from more searches. MS doesn't guarantee an order.

http://www.greatis.com/security/startuporder.htm

This other idea concerns speeding up the bootup portion.

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/11/09/XP_startup
----------------------------------------
SUPPORT ADVISOR
Work+GPU i7 8700 12threads
School i7 4770 8threads
Default+GPU Ryzen 7 3700X 16threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
Home i7 3540M 4threads50%
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by retsof at Dec 7, 2005 3:23:25 PM]
[Dec 7, 2005 3:14:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Alternatively you could get rid of Norton and get something that doesn't take up most of your available resources angry
[Dec 7, 2005 6:47:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Actually it appears that WCG software loads and begins to work before the rest of the startup programs are finished loading. The wait is over a minute for my NIS (Norton Internet Security) to load, and I had to load my NAV manually today. I'm going to try moving WCG to my startup folder instead. If this doesn't work, I'll need to set it up so that I start it manually.

Thanks for the input!

Dan
[Dec 9, 2005 1:03:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Alternatively you could get rid of Norton and get something that doesn't take up most of your available resources angry

What, like McAfee??? devilish devilish laughing
[Dec 10, 2005 3:44:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I was thinking of something that works wink
[Dec 10, 2005 11:19:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread