Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 395 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is it possible to change my project while mission is still in progress?

confused

Hello,
I got into the WCG because i wanted to help you, us, to fight cancer.
The first mission I got belongs to FAAH, though. I changed my settings at "My Grid", but the mission is still running. Is there any way I could switch between the projects NOW, or does this mean that the switch will happen only when the FAAH mission is done?
...And if so, do I need to do anything else besides the above mentioned?

Thanks,

YG.
[Oct 3, 2006 6:38:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Is it possible to change my project while mission is still in progress?

yoramg, welcome to the forum and WCG

u can change the project selection (mission) in your profile, but will have to finish the current workunit **. Be aware that there are very few HDC work units (WU), thus if u select HDC only, your computer runs the risk of going idle. If u select both HDC and and FAAH, u have a chance of 1 : 8 that u get a HDC WU.

** u could abort the FAAH, but then the work already done is lost and it will have to be done from the start by someone else. I'm not going to teach how to abort....there are enough posts how to do that. The system btw is designed to stop people from aborting for various reasons......on BOINC u run the risk of just being put on a diet.....very little work will be send if aborting too often or generating errors.

ciao
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 3, 2006 7:33:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread