Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6192
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ Previous Page | 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 493574 times and has 6191 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Minnesota Crunchers

I was hoping SCC would last a little longer, but at least the work is getting done. It sounds like they will have more work in a couple of months. I still have a couple of the slower machines with a little bit left in the queue, but then that will be it. I would liked to get another 100 year badge, but will now have to wait for the next segment. I still have about 15 years to go. I will leave the option checked in the settings so when they do start again, they will just automatically pop in.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 25, 2019 11:34:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I needed about 40 days to get my 20 years. Still getting a few resends here and there. Guess I'll finish up when they start up again.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Sep 25, 2019 9:38:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swiftmallard
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just saying hello, and am crunching WCG again after a long break
[Sep 29, 2019 1:07:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Just saying hello, and am crunching WCG again after a long break

Welcome back. Glad to see you here again. If you feel like it, bring us up to speed on the latest.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 29, 2019 8:34:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swiftmallard
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Welcome back. Glad to see you here again. If you feel like it, bring us up to speed on the latest.
Cheers

Haha! I got nothin'!
[Sep 29, 2019 9:02:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Cheers

Haha! I got nothin'!

Hey, you got a machine and you are crunching. That is something.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 29, 2019 11:52:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swiftmallard
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Cheers

Point taken.

I bought a 6 core i5 machine in August and started up again crunching n-body units for Milky Way. Then they changed the WUs from single to multi-threaded and it really threw off the scheduling. The run time estimates were off by at least a factor of 3 and some as high as 20. Looking around for something else, I noticed the Microbiome Immunity Project and thought it looked interesting because it affects everybody in the world, that's also why I crunched the Clean Water project.
[Sep 30, 2019 2:08:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Cheers

Point taken.

I bought a 6 core i5 machine in August and started up again crunching n-body units for Milky Way. Then they changed the WUs from single to multi-threaded and it really threw off the scheduling. The run time estimates were off by at least a factor of 3 and some as high as 20. Looking around for something else, I noticed the Microbiome Immunity Project and thought it looked interesting because it affects everybody in the world, that's also why I crunched the Clean Water project.

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of the diversity of the gut microbiome. They really only notice when it goes haywire and they get sick. It is also a big factor in how our immune system functions. I hope the project produces plenty of useful information for the researchers.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 30, 2019 3:25:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ordered a new PSU for the dually today. Hope to be back crunching in a week or so. Free shipping so newegg will take their time.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Oct 2, 2019 7:06:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Ordered a new PSU for the dually today. Hope to be back crunching in a week or so. Free shipping so newegg will take their time.

Sounds great.
I might have a line on another dual Xeon x5670 machine to replace the 8 core which died. I was quoted about $100, but it is not a sure thing yet.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Oct 2, 2019 8:56:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 6192   Pages: 620   [ Previous Page | 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread