Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1001
Posts: 1001   Pages: 101   [ Previous Page | 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 72142 times and has 1000 replies Next Thread
courine
Master Cruncher
Capt., Team In2My.Net Cmd. HQ: San Francisco
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool Cunning plan in the making!

biggrin wow, i made top 5000 personal ranking. biggrin

And now back to work on a very cunning plan that i have no idea of what im planning.

But im sure that it will be very cunning indeed. cool
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by courine at Oct 21, 2007 8:12:27 PM]
[Oct 20, 2007 8:19:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Cunning plan in the making!

Hi Team! I thought I'd just drop by and see how things are going.....I see cargod is coming up to the big 20 soon, and well done to our leader in passing the 5000 mark biggrin

Hugs to the rest of you and I'll try and drop a bit more often smile
[Oct 21, 2007 3:02:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
courine
Master Cruncher
Project Badges:
applause Re: Cunning plan in the making!

Roger,

The team hours is going to pass 50 years in a few days and the team will be marking its 6 month of operation at WCG.

Looks like MM is trying to give you a run for your money.

biggrin Always better that way! biggrin

[Oct 21, 2007 9:03:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cargod01
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

biggrin wow, i made top 5000 personal ranking. biggrin

And now back to work on a very cunning plan that i have no idea of what im planning.

But im sure that it will be very cunning indeed. cool

WTG to Couruine & Roger!

It looked like my production hours had fallen for a couple days, but it seems to just be units taking longer to process or be validated.
Today looked better.
If they'd just cut that Q6600 another $100...LOL
One of my daughter's machine is acting up (a P4-1.5Ghz).
I am going to try reinstalling XP, but...I may have to build a cheap core 2 duo for her soon. By building, I can use XP. Vista has not given me any reason to like it and MS doesn't deserve any more of my $ for an OS that is regressive instead of progressive.

[Oct 22, 2007 3:52:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
courine
Master Cruncher
Project Badges:

How I am paying for the Q6600, is to drop out low end machines and drop the power bill. If i can drop it 10 bucks a month, in 24 months i'll have paid for the upgrade.

[Oct 22, 2007 7:58:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello, i just thought i'd pop in & say hi , nice to see ya Cora' :)
[Oct 23, 2007 3:47:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cargod01
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

How I am paying for the Q6600, is to drop out low end machines and drop the power bill. If i can drop it 10 bucks a month, in 24 months i'll have paid for the upgrade.

That makes sense for you, but unless a machine fails, my kids never let me retire one. I just keep adding & adding...even the old 1Ghz/512MB laptop was passed down when I got the new core duo.
The old AMD 400Mhz machine finally died, so I moved the dual Xeon machine to that slot and put a new Core Duo in it's slot.
Now I have an extra BigFoot 3GB drive and 128MB PC66 RAM sitting here... THE ram isn't compatible with any machines I have left running and the 3GB drive is too small to do anything important with.
But I hate tossing out good parts.
I may see if the local Boys & Girls Club has any old machines that need parts. I have donated old machines to them in the past...if any are still running...

[Oct 23, 2007 9:05:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chux77
Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
cool Re: Cunning plan in the making!

heyas folk! haven't seen you in awhile, thought i'd pop in to say Hi! ^^
Been thinkin about changin up my systems a bit to run Linux stuffs. A lil run down on my units and the plans for them.

1) AMD 3400+
WinXP Pro, Boinc installed as service. My workhorse and my gamer. Been my testbed for some linux distributions, but may or may not end up w/ linux for 1 reason.. Games! :P if i can't get them to run via emulation/application layers.. kinda stinks, but <3 my games. oh! and 64 bit OS would be a plus though...

2) Celeron 667
WinXP Pro, Standard Boinc. Used mainly for browsing the net and IM while i'm gaming. Definitely a turtle, but it's stable. Most likely install a lightweight Linux distro on this one.

3) AMD 1000 (k6?)
WinXP Pro, Boinc as Service. A frankenstien machine that sits in a corner and plays music off the 3400+ and quietly crunches. Not familiar w/ Linux Networking, but looks like a prime candidate for it.

4) Dual p3 1.13
Winxp Pro, Standard Boinc. My brothers' fiance school compy used to be my old gamer w/ a OC'd 1.2 p3. Recently popped in 2 matching 1.13's and now it outcrunches the 3400+ o.O Probably won't go Linux on that one as all her productivity software and home movie stuff is Pure Windows.

I have windosw 2kPro, server 2k, and even NT 4.0 running around, but i think for the older rigs that Linux looking like the best option. I'm kinda new to it all though, so if any of you know more about this kinda thing, let me know. ^^ I know they all have bloated xp on them, but that was simply b/c i haven't had 1 driver issue w/ it as opposed to say 2kpro. Dunno... hopin it makes some leaner crunchin machines in the long run anyhow!

I'll try to poke my head in here more often, keep up w/ the goings on. :)

/wave

-chuck
[Oct 24, 2007 2:04:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
courine
Master Cruncher
Project Badges:
applause Re: Cunning plan in the making!

Chux and Storm!!! Just in time, we made the

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
biggrin 50 Year Mark!!! biggrin
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

and are now rated Top 100 all-time results at WCG!

Team Statistics
Statistics Last Updated: 10/23/2007 23:59:59 (UTC)

Totals:
Current Members 16 (#1,060)
Retired Members 3
All-Time Members 19
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) (Rank) 50:024:15:27:02 (#191)
Points Generated (Rank) 24,740,284 (#120)
Results Returned (Rank) 104,492 (#100)

Averages:

Avg. Run Time Per Calendar Day (y:d:h:m:s) 0:100:09:50:35
Avg. Run Time Per Result (y:d:h:m:s) 0:000:04:11:50
Avg. Points Per Hour of Run Time 56.41
Avg. Points Per Calendar Day 135,935.63
Avg. Points Per Result 236.77
Avg. Results Per Calendar Day 574.13

Just 4 more days until the 6 mo team anniversary!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by courine at Oct 24, 2007 8:49:37 AM]
[Oct 24, 2007 8:42:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
devilish Re: Cunning plan in the making!

WTG Team!

Lets make it top 100 in all categories!
except for size wink
[Oct 24, 2007 7:00:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1001   Pages: 101   [ Previous Page | 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread