Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 120
Posts: 120   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4174 times and has 119 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Riddle Of The Day 2 - Please Check Here Daily For Updated Riddles

#49 [Submitted by Caniche]
What runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other? (Besides a drunken sailor)

That would be the hands of a watch biggrin

A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a
phone booth in the middle of a public park.
Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger.
The rich man arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the police were powerless
to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain.
What did he do?

The kidnapper didn't need to do anything, he was the rich man's son himself. He simply took the diamond, and left the scene with his father biggrin
[Feb 28, 2005 9:48:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

That would be the hands of a watch biggrin
The kidnapper didn't need to do anything, he was the rich man's son himself. He simply took the diamond, and left the scene with his father biggrin

Sorry FreeBee that is incorrect, please try again
Regards
[Feb 28, 2005 10:11:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

#50 [Submitted by Caniche]
A magician announced that he would walk across the surface of a lake without the aid of anything.
The following Sunday, he did. How?

Really, I've been looking at this riddle for a few days, but couldn't see the obvious answer, until I got outside today... brrrrr

The magician could even have worn skates if he wanted, because it was winter, and the lake was frozen over.
[Feb 28, 2005 11:28:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I would request that you please limit your correct answers, to 3 riddles per Member per day.
If you have and riddles that you would like posting here please go to our Website below for my Email address and Email them to me and I will be happy to post them here and give you credit for them [Please include the answers ]

Here are today's Riddles for Mon 28th February 2005

What runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other? (Besides a drunken sailor)
[Correctly Answered stares ]

#51 [Submitted by Caniche]
When was the beginning of the 21st century:
11:59.59 PM Dec. 31, 1999
or
12:00.01 AM Jan. 1, 2000
[Correctly Answered stares ]

Dave and Brad, two popular politicians, met at a club to discuss the overthrow of their party leader.
They each ordered a vodka on the rocks.
Brad downed his and ordered another.
He then drank his second in a gulp and decided to wait before he ordered a third. Meanwhile,
Dave, who was sipping his drink, suddenly fell forward dead. Both men were setup for an assassination.
Why did Dave die and Brad live?
[Correctly Answered g@dget ]

While playing with a metal washer shaped like a ring,
Dave accidently pushed it on his finger too far and couldn't get it off. Trying to remove it using soap and water didn't work.
The hospital sent him to a service station thinking they could cut the metal.
Since the ring was made with a specially hardened steel, it couldn't be cut.
Just then Brad arrived on the scene and suggested an easy way to remove the washer in just a few minutes.
What was his solution?
[Correctly Answered Caniche ]

If a wheel has 64 spokes, how many spaces are there between the spokes?
[Correctly Answered jfarley]

Brad Doe works for a packaging company.
One day, he received four separate orders and accidently mixed up the addresses, so he applied the address labels at random.
What is the probability that exactly three packages were correctly labeled?
[Correctly Answered FreeBee ]

A magician, had a water glass that was filled to the top.
Holding the glass above his head he let it drop to the carpet without spilling a single drop of water.
How could he manage to drop the glass from a height of six feet and not spill any water?
[Correctly Answered jfarley]

I am the center of gravity, hold a capital situation in Vienna, and as I am foremost in every victory, am allowed by all to be invaluable. Though I am invisible, I am clearly seen in the midst of a river.
I could name three who are in love with me and have three associates in vice.
It is vain that you seek me for I have long been in heaven yet even now lie embalmed in the grave. What am I?

Elmer Johnson went to the hardware store to make a purchase for his house. He asked the store clerk, "How much will one cost?"
The clerk thought for a moment and said, "Three dollars."
Elmer Johnson, who looked a little puzzled said, "Well then, how much will twelve cost?" "Six dollars," replied the clerk.
Elmer Johnson scratched his head and said, "If I were to purchase two hundred, how much would that cost?"
"That," said the clerk, "will cost you nine dollars."
What was Elmer Johnson buying?
[Correctly Answered g@dget ]

When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?

Which is correct to say, 'The yolk of the egg are white' or,'The yolk of the egg is white'?

When Miss Millie purchased her new parrot, the salesman assured her that it would repeat any word it heard.
About a week later, Miss Millie returned the parrot complaining it hadn't uttered a single word.
Given that the salesman had spoken the truth about the parrot's abilities, why wouldn't the bird talk?

If you turn your right-handed glove inside out and put it on your left hand, where will the palm of the glove be on your left hand?
[Correctly Answered jfarley ]

Todays riddles are now closed, please see below
Thanks for participating

Best Regards
----------------------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 1, 2005 12:32:55 PM]
[Feb 28, 2005 12:26:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

#62 - The ice contained the poison. It melted into Daves drink, but Brad was drinking too quickly for it to melt.

#69 - Digit signs (house numbers or something like it)
[Feb 28, 2005 1:24:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Brad Doe works for a packaging company.
One day, he received four separate orders and accidently mixed up the addresses, so he applied the address labels at random.
What is the probability that exactly three packages were correctly labeled?

None: if 3 packages were labeled correctly, the 4th label HAD to be on the remaining package, which could not be a wrong package.

When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?

When talking about time, 2 hours after 11 o'clock it will be 1 o'clock.

When Miss Millie purchased her new parrot, the salesman assured her that it would repeat any word it heard.
About a week later, Miss Millie returned the parrot complaining it hadn't uttered a single word.
Given that the salesman had spoken the truth about the parrot's abilities, why wouldn't the bird talk?

Perhaps the bird COULD talk, there's no way to know. But you can be sure it couldn't HEAR. The parrot was deaf!
[Feb 28, 2005 4:11:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The ships name.

#51 [Submitted by Caniche]
When was the beginning of the 21st century:
11:59.59 PM Dec. 31, 1999
or
12:00.01 AM Jan. 1, 2000

Having spent a couple of years working on Y2K projects, the answrer is neither. There was no year 0, we went from 1 BC to 1AD, meaning that a century goes from 1 to 100 (assuming Gregorian calendar).
[Feb 28, 2005 4:57:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The ships name.

Darn! I didn't see THAT one coming... Great job, Stuart!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Feb 28, 2005 5:30:45 PM]
[Feb 28, 2005 5:30:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Caniche
Cruncher

#64: He tied a string around his finger and pulled it tight, constricting the skin and allowing him to slide the washer off a little. By repeating this, he could remove the washer.

#68: It always starts a vector, and it's in all divisions. It has no speed, but has velocity. It can be velvet or vellum, and only faces vertical.

That said, it's the letter "v"

#71: Neither. The yolk of an egg is yellow.
Self-defenestration is not desirable at this time.
[Feb 28, 2005 7:14:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jfarley
Cruncher
Project Badges:

If a wheel has 64 spokes, how many spaces are there between the spokes?
[Correctly Answered ]

A magician, had a water glass that was filled to the top.
Holding the glass above his head he let it drop to the carpet without spilling a single drop of water.
How could he manage to drop the glass from a height of six feet and not spill any water?
[Correctly Answered ]

If you turn your right-handed glove inside out and put it on your left hand, where will the palm of the glove be on your left hand?
[Correctly Answered ]

#65 64. The first is between 1 & 2 and the 64th between 64 & 1
#67 If filling with water freeze it (otherwise fill it with something else)
#73 The palm
[Feb 28, 2005 11:32:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 120   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread