Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 120
Posts: 120   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4175 times and has 119 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Riddle Of The Day 2 - Please Check Here Daily For Updated Riddles

I would request that you please limit your correct answers, to 3 riddles per Member per day.
If you have and riddles that you would like posting here please go to our Website below for my Email address and Email them to me and I will be happy to post them here and give you credit for them [Please include the answers ]

Here are today's Riddles for Tue 1st March 2005

My first is a number, my second another,
And each, I assure you, will rhyme with the other.
My first you will find is one-fifth of my second,
And truly my whole a long period reckoned.
Yet my first and my second (nay, think not I cozen),
When added together will make but two dozen.
How many am I?
[Correctly Answered by FreeBee ]

Brad stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 22nd floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived the fall?
[Correctly Answered by g@dget ]

If you were blindfolded and placed in front of a large bowl containing $50, $20, $10 and $5 bills, and you were allowed to take one bill at a time until you have taken four bills of the same denomination, what would be the largest amount of money you could draw?

A man was going on a one-way bus trip. He intended to ride for a certain distance, get off the bus and walk back to town. If the bus travels at a rate of nine miles per hour and he was to jog back to town at a rate of three miles per hour, how far would he ride so theat he'd be back in eight hours?

What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

Mr. and Mrs. Jones were walking home from the shopping mall with their purchases when Mr. Jones began to complain that his load was too heavy. Mrs. Jones turned to her husband and said, "I don't know what you're complaining about because if you gave me one of your parcels, I would have twice as many as you and if I gave you just one of mine, we would have equal loads." How many parcels were each carrying?
[Correctly Answered by jfarley ]

Jim was examining an angle measuring 14 and 1/2 degrees, using his magnifying glass that magnifies everything two times. Under the glass, how large would that angle measure?
[Correctly Answered by stares ]

A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?
[Correctly Answered by Billy Bob ]

How would you rearrange the letters in the words new door to make one word?
There is only one correct answer.

Two sentries were on duty outside a barracks. One faced up the road to watch for anyoe approaching from the North. The other looked down the road to see if anyone approached from the South. Suddenly one of them said to the other, "Why are you smiling?"
How did he know that his companion was smiling?

Two men were being tried for murder. The jury found one man guilty and the other innocent. The judge turned to the guilty man and said, "Even though your guilt has been established, the law compels me to set you free." How could such a bizarre judgement
occur?
[Correctly Answered by Caniche ]

If it takes six men six days to dig six holes, how long will it take one man to dig half a hole?
[Correctly Answered by Caniche ]

Since a person uses about the same amount of energy walking 2 miles as they would running for 2 miles, would a person use more energy running for 10 minutes, walking for ten minutes, or the same amount of energy?

This thread is now closed, please see below
Thanks for participating

Best Regards
----------------------------------------
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 2, 2005 11:43:16 AM]
[Mar 1, 2005 1:19:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

#74 He was outside the building and lept in.

#76 18 miles

#60 An elaborate system of vacuum tubes and a daring escape on camelback.
[Mar 1, 2005 1:39:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Riddle Of The Day 2 - Please Check Here Daily For Updated Riddlesup,

Good day Sir Hood, fellow gentlemen...

My first is a number, my second another,
And each, I assure you, will rhyme with the other.
My first you will find is one-fifth of my second,
And truly my whole a long period reckoned.
Yet my first and my second (nay, think not I cozen),
When added together will make but two dozen.
How many am I?

the answer: 4 score (which means 80)

explanation: a score is 20 (not everybody knows that), which is 5 time 4 (as the riddle says) and added up, 20 and 4 make 24 (2 dozen)

If you were blindfolded and placed in front of a large bowl containing $50, $20, $10 and $5 bills, and you were allowed to take one bill at a time until you have taken four bills of the same denomination, what would be the largest amount of money you could draw?

The largest amount of money would be 4x50 + 3x20 + 3x10 + 3x5 = $305

What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

The letter "m" biggrin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 1, 2005 1:50:54 PM]
[Mar 1, 2005 1:48:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Jim was examining an angle measuring 14 and 1/2 degrees, using his magnifying glass that magnifies everything two times. Under the glass, how large would that angle measure?

The angle would be the same at 14 1/2 degrees.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 1, 2005 2:22:05 PM]
[Mar 1, 2005 2:16:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

#81 easily, "one word" is an anagram of "new door"
[Mar 1, 2005 3:23:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jfarley
Cruncher
Project Badges:

#78 Mr. 5 Mrs. 7
#82 They were facing each other
#85 More - assuming running speed > walking
[Mar 1, 2005 8:42:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Caniche
Cruncher

#83: The men were siamese twins

#84: There's no such thing as half a hole
Self-defenestration is not desirable at this time.
[Mar 2, 2005 4:03:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
rose Thanks for the riddles Graham!!!

This is one of the best Threads!

A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?

#80 It was day time.

Click My Links
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 2, 2005 9:43:14 AM]
[Mar 2, 2005 9:41:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I would request that you please limit your correct answers, to 3 riddles per Member per day.
If you have and riddles that you would like posting here please go to our Website below for my Email address and Email them to me and I will be happy to post them here and give you credit for them [Please include the answers ]

Here are today's Riddles for Wed 2nd March 2005

A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a
phone booth in the middle of a public park.
Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger.
The rich man arrived at the phone booth and followed instructions but the police were powerless
to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain.
What did he do?

What five letter word, no matter how you pronounce it, is always pronounced wrong?
[Correctly Answered by smcclarigan ]

Dingleberry Dave was driving his semi under an overpass when suddenly he came to a screeching halt. Dave wasn't paying enough attention and inadvertently drove under the overpass that was just barely as high as his truck. The semi was wedged so tightly that he could not go forward or backward. A fellow trucker came by and told him how he could easily get the semi out from under the bridge. What did he suggest?

Here on Earth it's almost always true, that tomorrow will follow today.
Yet there is a place where yesterday always follows today.
Where is this place?

When asked how old she was, Suzie replied, "In two years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago." How old is she?

There is a certain club which is for men only. There are 600 men who belong to this club and 5% of these men wear one earring. Of the other 95% membership, half wear two earrings and the other half wear none. How many earrings are being worn in this club?
[Correctly Answered by frans6nl ]

What two five letter English words do not change its pronunciation when four letters are taken away?
[Half Correctly Answered by smcclarigan =1/2 point for I of the words]
[Half Correctly Answered by FreeBee =1/2 point for I of the words]

I weaken all men for hours each day. I show you strange visions while you are away. I take you by night, by day take you back, none suffer to have me, but do from my lack. What am I?

Golden treasures I contain, guarded by hundreds and thousands. Stored in a labyrinth where no man walks, yet men come often to seize my gold. By smoke I am overcome and
robbed, then left to build my treasure anew. What am I?

Metal or bone I may be, many teeth I have and always bared, yet my bite harms no one and ladies delight in my touch. What am I?

Todays riddles are closed, please see below

Thanks for participating

Best Regards
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 4, 2005 4:01:06 PM]
[Mar 2, 2005 12:33:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Riddle Of The Day 2 - Please Check Here Daily For Updated RiddlesGraham,

Graham,

There is a certain club which is for men only. There are 600 men who belong to this club and 5% of these men wear one earring. Of the other 95% membership, half wear two earrings and the other half wear none. How many earrings are being worn in this club?

600 earrings

Your friend
[Mar 2, 2005 1:13:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 120   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread