Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12637
Posts: 12637   Pages: 1264   [ Previous Page | 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 441358 times and has 12636 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: THE EDWARDIANS - WHY NOT JOIN US AS THE QUEST CONTINUES -

Evening all

Dry all day with a decent amount of sunshine although the temperature is still a tad below what I would like.

Have a good weekend.
[Jul 10, 2009 6:00:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
densnaps
Ace Cruncher
Sunny Lancaster Windmill capital of England
Project Badges:

Was warm enough for me Ivan, up at this end of country some garden sorted smile

Damm it ............ cycle race in France car race in Germany have to make choices

Sun makes things grow, garden needs attention

Hi ho another busy weekend
----------------------------------------
http://www.forceschatter.co.uk/
den quixote el ingles hombre loco

www.tbpcsg.org
[Edit 2 times, last edit by densnaps at Jul 11, 2009 6:56:58 AM]
[Jul 10, 2009 6:15:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Busy for me too, visitors this weekend cool
[Jul 10, 2009 6:37:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
densnaps
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Good morning all
Waiting for the electric man to ring
Going to change the meters at work
I hope as they failed to turn up last time

www.tbpcsg.org
[Jul 11, 2009 6:59:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Pouring with rain here! (The really 'make you very wet' type rain!) sad
[Jul 11, 2009 7:14:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Morning all, sunny so far, fingers crossed Village Sports Day today (A good way to get the kids to play outside! biggrin
[Jul 11, 2009 7:28:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Lovely weather for ducks (and my lawn good luck )

It's the weekend. Ah! cool
[Jul 11, 2009 8:51:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Cannot give any thought to that Mick J ................ please he was just an entertainer with dodgy connections credentials
two weeks of press coverage
In the mean while we, in England have lost in the past ten days ten soldiers in the war zone...... the press didn't see this until page two or three

agger? confused devilish

It all comes down to where you interest lays. Most of the time I'm not interested in what kind of news about any war at all.
However I did saw and enjoyed with respect a couple of times the Ray Mears docu Real heroes of Telemark on Discovery Channel.

Good afternoon all. smile
[Jul 11, 2009 10:58:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
densnaps
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Cannot give any thought to that Mick J ................ please he was just an entertainer with dodgy connections credentials
two weeks of press coverage
In the mean while we, in England have lost in the past ten days ten soldiers in the war zone...... the press didn't see this until page two or three

agger? confused devilish

It all comes down to where you interest lays. Most of the time I'm not interested in what kind of news about any war at all.
However I did saw and enjoyed with respect a couple of times the Ray Mears docu Real heroes of Telemark on Discovery Channel.
As for Ray Mears I was in Norway when the documentary was being made the guy I walked with on saboteur route was the film makers gopher named in the credits

Good afternoon all. smile
okay just to say where I'm coming from my dad was one of the Brit commandos who went for the
blowing up of the Rujkan plant

As I said I have mentioned my dads exploits before

I am proud of what what my dad tried to do
dont want to bore every one with my family s history but
war in the 1940's had guys like my dad
the atom bomb was a big threat in that time
so this his some of his tale http://www.edenbridgetown.com/in_the_past/heros_of_telemark/index.shtml
it saddens me when you say you have little interest in the news of war its happing out there now have had two kids out in the sandy climes doing their job .......
I don't agree the fact that our troops are there doing this at this time but they are
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grumpy owld feller ................
Den

www.tbpcsg.org
[Edit 5 times, last edit by densnaps at Jul 11, 2009 10:06:02 PM]
[Jul 11, 2009 3:27:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Evening all

As Merle said earlier, it hasn't really been a summer's day down here.

As for military experience I lived an insulated life. My father was too old to be in the first group of conscription's and then, in his mid thirties, was exempt because of being the only male worker on the farm where I grew up. The other workers were the Farmer's two daughters and later a couple of Italian prisoners of war who lived in the cottage next to ours.
Only one uncle was young enough to be conscripted and he became the engineer on a motor boat section and spend much of his time in the West African coast until later after the invasion.
[Jul 11, 2009 5:34:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 12637   Pages: 1264   [ Previous Page | 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread