Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 1840
Posts: 1840   Pages: 184   [ Previous Page | 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 313512 times and has 1839 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Research Log: Updates from the Harvard Team

Well its looking for some work again and that message is back that no CEP2 is available. Its set to receive nothing but CEP2, as it has been with no problems before for a wee while. I'll just have to give it something else again I guess.
[Jul 1, 2012 11:26:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hard to understand other than the run times have been dropping, so maybe there are momentarily not enough in the feeder? See http://bit.ly/WCGART

--//--
[Jul 1, 2012 11:42:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks Sek. I gave it CEP2 and one more project there. I'll leave it like that for a few days and change it back to CEP2 only again at some point soon.

Edit: Oops, I've just realised that I've been posting this in the wrong place. Should have been further down a bit in the normal threads. Sorry all. d oh
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 1, 2012 1:17:06 PM]
[Jul 1, 2012 11:51:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

We mentioned that Johannes'€™ poster presentation at ICQC in Boulder went very well. Turns out that it went even better than reported - he won an ICQC Outstanding Poster Award for the Clean Energy Project.
[Jul 2, 2012 2:53:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

A happy Independence Day to all our crunchers in the US!
[Jul 4, 2012 7:19:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

A nice post from our friends at IBM. Check it out and feel free to share!
http://asmarterplanet.com/blog/2012/07/idle-p...fficient-solar-cells.html
[Jul 5, 2012 3:56:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks for the link. I thought the imbedded video in the link deserves a bump. It's worth a look crunchers.

----------------------------------------

[Jul 5, 2012 4:31:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It got a bit lost in all the travel of the CEP team but we passed another milestone with the project – we have now collected more than 13 million primary results! Great job everybody – keep crunching!
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewProject.do?projectShortName=cep2
[Jul 5, 2012 6:10:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

We see relatively low crunching times these days, presumably because it’s so hot that people don’t want to run their PCs... That’s probably reasonable.
[Jul 6, 2012 4:29:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

CEP2 result mean times have fallen, so unless quota were increased per device through user profile adjustment, there are simply less hitting the cores... http://bit.ly/WCGART

Even when shorter, other sciences are being sped up with 64 bits and other programming / cutting tricks, CEP2 has now the longest average computing time per task, running 7 day average... but now the run-times at CEP2 are going further down [the holiday makers that crunching 7/365 [without the major power outs in the USA]

--//--
[Jul 6, 2012 5:39:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1840   Pages: 184   [ Previous Page | 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread