Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2265
Posts: 2265   Pages: 227   [ Previous Page | 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 193432 times and has 2264 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Looking for survivors to join Team "The survivors"

Hello grumpygrampy,
Thank you for being so observant and welcoming me.

Yes, I went to Germany and back in a jiffy, and unfortunately/fortunately didn't notice much Octoberfest , but an awful lot of road construction. It seemed as if 50% of the Autobahns were under some sort of shovel. In some places to my surprise they were pouring concrete. Maybe they have found a more durable mix, because in many cases those concrete roadways have suffered considerable damage faster than asphalt, as I recall it.

Where in Germany is your granddaughter stationed? Is she with the government or a private employer?
Perhaps her employer joins her in her off-duty activity this month
tongue it may even be part of her "curriculum"

[Oct 12, 2017 2:04:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Congratulations and a big thank you to everyone on this team. We have passed the 1000 years runtime milestone.
----------------------------------------
smile Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Join the team The survivors hugs
(23 year Kidney Cancer survivor)

[Dec 3, 2017 8:56:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Congratulations, sometimes Captain RCC to you, your team and your 'people'.
We see you far to seldom here.
Grumpy comes here occasionally, but he's in such a rush
that you wouldn't know unless you swim near the bottom as I do
and get rocked by his wake .....

I see you crunch devotedly, but are you all right?

[Dec 4, 2017 4:22:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I am fine.

Spend most of my time trying to get stuff that worked--before AT&T--working again.

Right now it is an email encryption dispute with the AT&T email servers.

Encryption has not changed at my end so what's the beef AT&T?

I still crunch but have cut back a bit because electric bills can hit $500 in one month.

Otherwise, not much happening in Georgia.
smile Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

[Dec 5, 2017 4:44:10 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Otherwise, not much happening in Georgia.
No, I noticed on a recent lonely Base Camp trek tongue
The important part is that you are well, rcc peace
- I wouldn't want to be in AT&T's shoes these days worried
AT&T is e-mails - this is WCG. Simple stuff. So please, don't be a stranger
smile

[Dec 5, 2017 4:51:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

At one time AT&T was possibly the best company in US history.

That is no longer true.

The company's bottom line earnings is number one, not customer satisfaction.

They did fix their email server problem overnight.

Back to WCG, still chugging along in what seems to be an endless quest.

I run 4 PCs, and a few Androids.

Bought a Raspberry PI 3B and Zero W, both small but very capable.

Trying to get a Raspberry PI set up as an Octoprint server for my 3D printer.

Using the 3D printer to make things for my Nikon.

It appears to be a loop of some kind.

Also have a Flying Squirrel problem in the attic.

Years ago I paid $500 to seal all openings, they still get in.

Enough about me, what is happening to LM?

[Dec 5, 2017 8:00:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank you so much for returning, rcc, and returning as the dry humored rcc I know so well.
See, AT&T had to eat crow and do what you asked! laughing
I knew it biggrin
Nikon? Camera? Do you take pictures?
I never really got to know what is your line of business except for you probably being selfemployed with an office chair to swirl around in so you don't feel the urge to take Grumpy and the rest of your team to Disney World.

Me? Apart from a few chronic and temporary aggravations, I never felt better in my life. Since I regained my wanting-to-live-mood I have traveled quite a bit - among other destination in September to NYC and DC all by myself - and in February to Cuba with a tour group.

My PC died, but I still have my old Lenovo laptop as a crunching 'device' with two 'kernels' or whatever the correct word is. Besides, my old Sony Xperia got a new happy life working reliably 24/7 on one kernel. I call him Mr Jones after cruncher Halo Jones who gave me info about how to go about that. And then there is my flagship Sony Xperia M5 named Saphir12-Nathalie for la Capitaine of the new kid on the block: vigorous, active Team Kraland from France, working no less than eight kernels.

So good you're here out in the open again, rcc hugs
Why not advertise a bit? You might just get another team member idea

[Dec 5, 2017 9:00:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

LM, I typed a long reply last night only to have it end in a server permission error.

Tried twice with the same result; forbidden access I don't have permission to access that server.

Obviously you have psychic powers or a hidden camera because I do sit in my office chair and twirl endlessly.

When not doing that I take pictures of the sun and stare at it endlessly.

I am retired from AT&T and Nortel, where I also sat in my office chair and twirled endlessly.

Occasionally the phone would ring and I would have to do actual work.

Cuba, been there three times courtesy of the US Navy.

Also worked in Miami near Little Havana.

Glad you are active with base camp, it is a good thing.

This thread is advertising for new members.

Here is hoping that this message will not fail.

[Dec 6, 2017 6:57:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes, rcc, I have psychic powers - I see twirling in your aura.
And no my psychic powers cannot prevent me from having that very same server permission bummer as you experienced as well. And I gnash my teeth with a terrible sound.

Not long ago, we non-conformists who have æ-ø-å in our alphabet as do we Danes, or ^´`~ ¨and so on as do the French and the Germans, not to mention more exotic tribes were in deep trouble because our Forums could not handle it.
The Management assembled a commission to solve the problem, and it works now. That has been a very big help.

I have thought about asking that this very skilled commission be put to work again on that server issue, but I haven’t really defined what happens. Have you, rcc? Maybe we could work together on this to formulate a clear task which the commission could dive into?

In the meantime, if I remember, and I kick myself over my shin if I forget, I apply a motorically challenging but very beneficial trick that cruncher adriverhoef, my captain for the time being, taught me: CTR+a and CTR+c and you have your text on your clipboard and can put it in Notebook or any other text editor for safekeeping or just have it handy on the clipboard and repeat that throughout your writing online. Another solution until the issue gets fixed is to write offline using a text editor.

I have one more issue. I get kicked off and have to log in ever so often. This problem I have also not analyzed nor pinpointed clearly enough to bring it to a fixing commission either. I get so surprised each time it happens that I forgot to notice anything. That will come. Sooner or later we shall have the best little Forum in the Western hemisphere.

Oh, you had insider information about AT&T; that my psychic powers did not detect.
Neither did they detect that you take pictures of the sun. Isn’t there some blinding issue when doing that? ’Never look directly at the sun,’ mothers would say. And how do you use these pictures? Sun spots? Eruptions? Flares? Storms?

How did you like Cuba? Were you - the USA - friendly with Cuba when you went there?

Let me tune in:
If you are a good cruncher, don’t want to go to Disneyland, and have a healthy sense of humor
Please join The Survivors!
- here is a linky

- and this was written offline in my (hush: Word97)

[Dec 6, 2017 7:49:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RCC_Survivor
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I tried to answer this days ago but my lengthy reply vanished into the ether.

I have a PC problem with Plug-n-Play.

It is waiting for a restart to load a driver, but restart does not solve the issue.

Plug-n-Play is forcing the Task Manager to suspend all background tasks.

Because of that the PC does not respond.

Therefore a recovery is in order.

In the meantime I still twirl a lot.

Was in Cuba 3-times in 1961-1963 courtesy of the US Navy.

Was on the ground in Cuba during the missile crisis around November 1962 if I recall.

Get back later when the PC problem is resolved.

[Dec 17, 2017 8:48:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 2265   Pages: 227   [ Previous Page | 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread