Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2192 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
ryan222h
Senior Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Most cores to crunch this project

For those interested in a way to run many CEP2 projects simultaneously on power systems, I have had great success with the following hardware configuration:

i7-2600k @ 4.2 ghz (I usually run 4.5 ghz but for CEP2 I need to downclock for maximum reliability due to increased temps)

Coolermaster Hyper 212 CPU cooler

120gb Intel 320 series SSD

I can run 8 units of CEP2 simultaneously at over 97% efficiency (usually closer to 99%) with the SSD

Good aftermarket CPU cooling is a MUST if overclocking at all due to the high cpu utilization of this project.

Use good RAM as well for the high I/O requirements.

While there may be some anomalies in the calculation of CPU time vs. Elapsed time, at the end of the day, having a high I/O capability (SSD) will improve performance of this project dramatically

Good luck
----------------------------------------

[Dec 7, 2011 5:15:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Most cores to crunch this project

Very impressive rig, ryan222h. Thanks for crunching CEP2!
Best wishes from
Your Harvard CEP team
[Dec 8, 2011 7:44:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread