Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 766 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: CEP2: What does "Quit requested:" indicate?

Result Name App Version Number Status Sent Time Time Due /
Return Time CPU Time (hours) Claimed/ Granted BOINC Credit
E204170_ 960_ C.30.C25H14O2S2Si.00354979.0.set1d06_ 2-- 640 Valid 12/8/11 21:39:00 12/9/11 08:57:44 3.42 91.6 / 53.1
E204170_ 960_ C.30.C25H14O2S2Si.00354979.0.set1d06_ 1-- 640 Valid 11/28/11 22:29:29 12/8/11 21:03:38 0.21 3.4 / 12.3
E204170_ 960_ C.30.C25H14O2S2Si.00354979.0.set1d06_ 0-- 640 Error 11/28/11 21:18:21 12/8/11 22:00:52 0.00 0.0 / 0.0

And the initial/0 task's result was error with a log that might be described as "terse":

Result Name: E204170_ 960_ C.30.C25H14O2S2Si.00354979.0.set1d06_ 0--
<core_client_version>6.10.58</core_client_version>

I think copy _0 timed out (and hence the "terse" log) and copy _1 was really close (less than 1.5 hours) before timing out. Maybe something activated when Running in High Priority and seeing that it wouldn't finish on time.

Edit: P.S.: I like the word "hence", that has been used extensively in this thread tongue
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Dec 10, 2011 3:23:17 AM]
[Dec 10, 2011 3:19:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Time out results get a "No Reply". Why this _0 copy got an "Error", not sure. If server send a note to kill it after No Reply, it would normally show as a "Server aborted". Certainly "No Reply" has an exact 10 day offset from the send timestamp, *hence*, this is rather an inquisitional situation, where certainly on harder look the _2 copy was a response to the No Reply.

--//--
[Dec 10, 2011 9:04:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Edit: P.S.: I like the word "hence", that has been used extensively in this thread tongue
When I started banging' out messages, it was on teletypes across the internet's predecessor(s). Although I've grown both verbose and pedantic since (partly a function of increasing communications speed and capacity, no doubt), I still haven't lost my general preference for the shorter word when choosing among synonyms that was driven by having to change paper and ribbons. An idiosyncrasy that was exaggerated one late night when I undoubtedly abused my powers and had various and sundry entities patch up a circuit that went from the teletype on my right out through nations to my west, went around the world, and came back to the teletype on my left (I was facing south; the direction of flow seemed to make sense).

And was subsequently vastly amused by the fact that I could type a sentence on the teletype to the west, then give the floor a kick and scoot my chair down the panels and be in front of the eastern teletype before that sentence started coming in. The propagation delay introduced by equipment and distance only increased my preference for interesting short words that at least gave the appearance of bearing more information in smaller containers - of greater efficiency, that is.

Consequently, hence. (And, of course, I am easily amused.)
[Dec 10, 2011 10:42:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I've found that sometimes the timed-out WUs end with "Error" status instead of "No Reply". You can easily check this by selecting your PV results and looking at the oldest, which probably have a wingman that timed out. In rare occasions the result is in error with exactly 10 days (or 7 days in the case of HCC) from Sent to Return Time.

<OT>And regarding the word hence, english is not my first language, not even the second, but the third. There are words that I find interesting for no particular reason, or at least not a logical reason. This is one of them. smile </OT>
[Dec 11, 2011 4:20:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

<OT>And regarding the word hence, english is not my first language, not even the second, but the third. There are words that I find interesting for no particular reason, or at least not a logical reason. This is one of them. smile </OT>
At least I quit using "thence"; although it is definitely shorter than "from there to", I decided it was too much of a good thing...it generated too many "Is that a word?" queries. It seems to have been relegated to the emergency cache of Scrabble players.
[Dec 11, 2011 7:44:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I've found that sometimes the timed-out WUs end with "Error" status instead of "No Reply". You can easily check this by selecting your PV results and looking at the oldest, which probably have a wingman that timed out. In rare occasions the result is in error with exactly 10 days (or 7 days in the case of HCC) from Sent to Return Time.

A No Reply has the original deadline timestamp. The "Error" we saw here has a client version in it + the timestamp is later than the exact 10 days, meaning there was a response from client to server. Think it's just a mislabel, really a Server Abort. My oldest PV are not overdue atm, and when they are they show mostly "No Reply" ;>)

--//--
[Dec 11, 2011 9:08:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread