Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 655 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Memory/Memory Mapping in Win7 64-bit [RESOLVED]

Blame it on those "faster than light" neutrinos that arrived at our Gran Sasso labs. (proofed the GPS was actually faulty and the professor in charge did resign over this)

--//--
[May 14, 2012 2:02:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hahaha I read about that. Has been my experience that when scientists say they broke the laws of Physics, the laws of Physics breaks them. wink

I must admit, this memory problem was a head scratcher for me. I still do not know what happened but am happy it is fixed.

Ciao Rob. coffee
----------------------------------------

[May 14, 2012 2:11:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

There's funny bits in Windows that limit capability. Essentially when you buy Windows, you're buying the complete code, and then the license level will activate / deactivate functionality.

Propose you obtain (self burn) a Linux 12.04 Live CD / or make persistent install and then boot quickly for a second opinion. I have one on a 64GB USB 3.0 (Corsair) that's used as crunch base when not needing Win... my portable BOINC. It brings out that extra gig that Win7 wont let me use on the old Q6600... something to do with PAE or whatever.

--//--
[May 14, 2012 2:23:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:

!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skgiven at Jul 18, 2012 9:02:27 PM]
[May 14, 2012 6:20:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread