Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1851 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
BSD
Senior Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Surprise Project Completions

Now that DDDT2 was removed from the project list, I just noticed in my Device Profile a previously unselected project is now selected again. I've since unselected it again. Maybe just me? crunch, crunch, crunch ...
[Mar 26, 2013 2:42:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Viktors
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

The DDD2 project spent the last months, behind the scenes, double checking their approach to further refine their drug candidate list. Unfortunately their approach did not yield good enough results to merit continued computation on the grid. This is part of the normal scientific process. Scientists come up with hypotheses and test them. Often the hypothesis is proved wrong and this is useful knowledge for the next scientist. Research is really like trial and error, but with some intelligence added to improve the likelihood of success. But that intelligence still does not guarantee success. If successes were predictable, then research would not be required. At least this project did find many potential drug candidates to test and those tests are proceeding in the laboratory. And we thank our members for their contributions this project and all of the others, furthering their research.
[Mar 27, 2013 6:32:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alged
Master Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:
sad Re: Surprise Project Completions

Well i agree with Viktors. All these moanings and people willing to quit make me sad. May be they don't have next to them somebody suffering or they are not aware of the long and hazardous march of science throughout the centuries.
Nowadays we have more precise methods and more powerful tools leading to discoveries.It is becoming harder as we deep in the inner mechanisms of living matter. (we appreciate the last updates in many projects)
That why we have to take our part collaborating at our own level,badges points or anything else are just spicy incentives.
----------------------------------------

[Mar 27, 2013 10:45:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well I'm just glad that we have completed yet another project and done something useful.

Crunch on peeps...................
[Mar 27, 2013 11:17:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread