Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 907 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Something strange going on

Are CEP units resetting and not reporting ?

or are work units being returned and not reported in the stats ?

It's one or the other but I can't work out which

Work units are reporting run times of say 4 mins but when I check the stats there's no work unit returned to you 4 mins ago

I think it's the latter
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by David Autumns at Oct 25, 2014 4:45:48 PM]
[Oct 25, 2014 4:42:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Re: Something strange going on

or maybe not

Having one just return successfully, is it possible for a work unit to error and not be recorded as an error?

[Oct 25, 2014 4:49:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

going to throttle back on the concurrency

Just fancied that 5 year badge

Maybe memory though there's a gig in reserve

[Oct 25, 2014 4:54:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I've also had wu that have reset to zero or to some point a few hours earlier. Just today one wu went on to 20 hours only to reset back to something like 16 hours, up to 20 and then back to 16 again. Now it seems it has reached 18 hours and is trying to upload, but the server is probably down.

I think it’s a memory problem. I’m running CEP2 on both cores and it may be too much for the computer.
[Nov 6, 2014 4:53:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

TBMS

The RAM required is 1.26GB per thread. If you don't have that, you should restrict the number of CEP2 jobs.

If that is the problem, email me at Mike.Gibson@sky.com and I will supply you with the standard configuration restrictor plus instructions.

Mike
[Nov 6, 2014 8:15:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

[OT]Mike,

My recommendation is to change the e-mail you posted to something like Mike /dot/ Gibson /at/ sky /dot/ com otherwise it is in jeopardy to be crunched by spam bots angry and become their target very soon sad

Cheers peace[/OT]

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Edit 2 times, last edit by branjo at Nov 6, 2014 9:33:20 PM]
[Nov 6, 2014 9:31:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

@ Mike

I didn’t know that. I have less than 1.26GB per thread. Now that I think about it, it has also happened a few times on one of my other computers. I think I’ll split my cores between CEP2 and the new and interesting project, Uncovering Genome Mysteries, here on WCG. It needs less memory compared to CEP2.

System requirements

Also, Branjo is right. You should be careful with your e-mail address. It’s not often one can have only the name as an e-mail address. Most people have to resort to different acronyms and number combinations.
[Nov 7, 2014 7:34:33 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Well, that didn't work. CEP2 reset again, this time when I had CEP2 on one core and UGM on the other.

So I replaced UGM with MCM, and that worked. CEP2 uploaded normally, but the MCM wus queued up so that CEP2 was squeezed out. It seems that only CEP2 has a limiter on the number of wus allowed.

Now I'll try UGM on both cores instead.
[Nov 12, 2014 2:48:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread