Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 823 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MPIGGOTT
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Clean energy phase 2 tasks keep looping

The last 3 or 4 tasks I have had start on my windows 7 machine for clean energy phase 2 have entered some sort of loop and have to be aborted. They start off ok, get to a % point in the task (sometimes 20+, sometimes 50+ and maybe other places) and then loop back to an earlier point and continue on again. This repeatedly happens and eventually I give up on the task and have to abort it. This is not after a sleep, hibernation or shutdown, simply during normal running time. No other project tasks do this only those for clean energy phase 2.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MPIGGOTT at Jul 21, 2015 10:28:13 AM]
[Jul 21, 2015 10:24:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Clean energy phase 2 tasks keep looping

Have you checked the status of the wingmen for these units. If they are also having problems, then the units are problematic. If the wingmen are completing these units OK, then the problem could be your local machine.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 21, 2015 4:58:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MPIGGOTT
Cruncher
Project Badges:

What are wingmen and where and how do I find them to check them?
When you say units, are they tasks, projects or other?
[Jul 22, 2015 8:31:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

What are wingmen and where and how do I find them to check them?
When you say units, are they tasks, projects or other?

In common understanding at WCG:

1) 'units', short for work units aka tasks, some even refer to a work unit as a project, but

2) 'project', is a research or science [project]. The client has a user friendly long name and internally uses an acronym such as for Clean Energy it's CEP2.

3) wingman, or plural wingmen, are those who compute 'verification' copies of the same work unit. In a non-homogeneous computing environment that either is incidentally or permanently required to be done. If a gene for a particular illness is analyzed, better get a second opinion... to make sure the amino acid strings are 100.0% correct. Only when the wingman agree, is the common copy declared valid and canonical [a copy of which goes to the master database].

4) 'tasks' turn into 'results' ofter processing which you can view on the My Contribution > Result Status (RS) page [all details and what can be done there explained in the Start Here forum and or Help]. The RS pages are second port of call after viewing the client 'Event Log' if there's trouble. You find there what your result did and those of the wingmen by clicking on the status link or the work unit name.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 22, 2015 9:22:08 AM]
[Jul 22, 2015 9:18:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
the.jazz
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Mine keep looping as well as when i close wcg and open up again another day it seems to start from scratch 6 hours of computer time down the toilet :/
[Jul 28, 2015 3:36:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

the.jazz, There has been much discusion concerning this. Here is a recent one:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,38081
This project works best if you run 24/7. If you can't do that then this project may not be for you.

[Jul 28, 2015 3:55:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread