Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 38
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8058 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
rayallen@me.com
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and WCG?

OK so can it work on Pi or not, I added my detail to my Pi and said it may not work, after a few hours still not downloaded anything to process. Is it going to or simply not do anything
----------------------------------------

[Dec 1, 2019 5:31:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Macroman
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Right now I don't think that there are any android compatible projects running.
[Dec 1, 2019 5:48:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DrMason
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

OK so can it work on Pi or not, I added my detail to my Pi and said it may not work, after a few hours still not downloaded anything to process. Is it going to or simply not do anything

Right now there's no work being pushed to computers using ARM processors running Android. The only recent projects that could work on those computers were OpenZika and Smash Childhood Cancer. OpenZika most likely will not be putting out any new units, since all units have already been crunched and the project is ending. Smash Childhood Cancer is an intermittent project; every so often, they will push out new units for awhile and then it goes on hiatus again. Last time it was around, it had units for a month or two. There's no estimate yet on when it will come back as far as I know. But eventually there should be.

[Dec 1, 2019 9:02:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rayallen@me.com
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thank you for the info, I shall move my Pis to another BOINC project

[Dec 1, 2019 10:33:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Glen David Short
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

According to this article, more than 30 million Pi's have been sold... although most of them would be older obsolete models, it shows there are legions of them out there in the hands of enthusiasts
Raspberry Pi celebrates its 30 millionth sale

[Dec 16, 2019 9:25:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
confused Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and WCG?

According to this article, more than 30 million Pi's have been sold... although most of them would be older obsolete models, it shows there are legions of them out there in the hands of enthusiasts
Actually a large percentage of those numbers are actually (kind of) newer RPi models, as with those, it really started to take off in popularity.

And now with the 4GB model of the RPi4B+, this should be working quite nicely.

However, after adding BOINC via apt-get on my RPi4B+/4GB (runnning the latest and fully updated Raspbian) and adding WCG as a project, I am told that the project doesn't support "computers of the type arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf". crying

I had it working the same way just perfectly fine on my RPi3B+ before...

Ralf confused

[Mar 18, 2020 5:31:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cre8or
Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

So is it the work units that cant be run on an ARM processor? Or is it that WCG will not work on the Pi?
Hardware:

ASUS Prime X470-Pro AM4 AMD X470 -- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz -- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4-- GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G -- Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO CPU Liquid Cooler
[Mar 19, 2020 4:08:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
D_S_Spence
Advanced Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

I think the work units will run on the Pi, if the Pi is running Android and not Raspbian.
[Mar 19, 2020 8:38:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread