Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 524
Posts: 524   Pages: 53   [ Previous Page | 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 131103 times and has 523 replies Next Thread
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Missing Devices in My Contribution

email just sent with information on "missing devices" that ARE showing up in the RESULTS listing.
[Jun 7, 2023 3:50:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi Lucas, _Absinthe_, chunny, and gibbcorp,

I have forwarded your messages to a member of the tech team who will add these devices manually at their earliest opportunity. Thanks for your patience.
[Jun 7, 2023 5:58:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Koub
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hello,

Can someone add the following device to my account ?

Thanks
[Jun 7, 2023 8:57:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TigerLily
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hi hchc,

We appreciate your curiosity and your input. To address your questions, according to a member of the tech team:

1. Although IBM did have technical staff browsing WCG forums, they also had a defined communications team that were responsible for this role. Accordingly, when Krembil took on WCG, we were trained to have a specific communications team. Having the tech team respond directly to forums may be something to consider in future when maintenance requirements decrease.

2. Some members of our tech team do have the appropriate IBM systems and database expertise. Other members of the tech team were trained extensively to inherit the system from IBM, yet the things that work best about it are departures from IBM's infrastructure and many parts still are not working as they did at IBM.

3. The tech team is aware that IBM MQ is the root cause of the issue. They have worked extensively to try and figure out why the messages end up at the webserver but not in the database, and it seems much cleaner to just replace IBM MQ with a typical message broker, or to merge the two databases. The tech team continues to work on resolving this issue, but this may take some time.

4. Thank you for offering your assistance and your expertise! We appreciate your commitment to helping WCG. Unfortunately, we can't give people with no contractual relationship the level of access needed to add devices from BOINC to DB2. However, prompted by your suggestion, the tech team is considering the possibility of open sourcing parts of the WCG system in the future.
[Jun 7, 2023 9:25:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hchc
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thank you for the detailed responses TigerLily and tech team! Very much appreciated.

Good luck with everything and sorry for being aggressively curious. Been involved on tiny teams where we were drowning and needed the funding to expand but couldn't.

My health suffered because I took on the extra workload. Lesson learned is to put health first over any job, so no worries and thanks to the entire WCG Team as it currently stands..
----------------------------------------
  • i3-8100 (Coffee Lake, 4C/4T) @ 3.6 GHz
  • i5-4590 (Haswell, 4C/4T) @ 3.3 GHz
  • E5800 (Wolfdale, 2C/2T) @ 3.2 GHz

[Jun 7, 2023 10:11:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thank you Tiger Lily for the detailed response.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jun 7, 2023 11:29:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bfmorse
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

Tiger Lilly,
we appreciate your detailed response as it provide insight into the problems you folks are having.

On a side note, did you receive my email?
ETA: the devices HAVE been added! Thank you! (should have checked there first.)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfmorse at Jun 8, 2023 1:39:24 AM]
[Jun 8, 2023 1:35:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chunny
Cruncher
Project Badges:

My devices have been added.

Thank you.
[Jun 8, 2023 3:39:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vato
Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

thank you TigerLily
my hosts have shown up and it allowed me to change the venue at last
[Jun 8, 2023 10:17:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gibbcorp
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

My device has been added. Thank you.
[Jun 8, 2023 10:20:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 524   Pages: 53   [ Previous Page | 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread