Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3754 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Carl.h

If the forum had been destroyed, we all wouldn't be here posting at all, would we?
----------------------------------------
SUPPORT ADVISOR
Work+GPU i7 8700 12threads
School i7 4770 8threads
Default+GPU Ryzen 7 3700X 16threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
Home i7 3540M 4threads50%
[Jul 12, 2007 1:49:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lighthouse
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

As a long time cruncher at grid, and now at WCG, I've certainly seen my share of battles, especially since my home team seems to frequently be one of the targets. I personally thought WCG's response was brilliant in it's effectiveness and minimal damage control. When the flamewars start, there will always be some who will be unhappy with the outcome, regardless of what the moderators do. But I've seen team splits, on top of splits, on top of splits. Indeed, many of the teams that we see today are the results of these splits, and you "old timers" can probably name as many as I can.

EDIT: I just realized that in the context/topic of this thread, my post might be misunderstood. My "brilliant" statement was referring to the short-term lock of some forums for a cool-down period. No reference to carl.h was intended. Sorry for the late edit.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Lighthouse at Jul 12, 2007 1:36:43 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 2:02:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Retsof are you not a CA at this site? Should you be trying to put out flames instead of igniting them? I also think you missed the rule about being rude. A few smart arse comments to a fellow cruncher is not helping the problem.

Dave Bell I saw your original post and thank you for the edit. Left as it was it would have just added fuel to the fire. A lesson in diplomacy your fellow CA should take note of.

(Edited for language: Uplinger)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by uplinger at Jul 12, 2007 4:25:03 AM]
[Jul 12, 2007 2:04:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank you, ma'am. It is always worthwhile to review what you say. At least in the written form, we can. smile
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 2:14:59 AM]
[Jul 12, 2007 2:13:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Agreed nice edit.......
[Jul 12, 2007 2:46:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:

If the forum had gone away, IBM would not simply recover it. They would have to find out WHY it went away....analyze the problem...sit...have meetings...think...fix the problem...prevent further attacks...MAYBE bring up the forum again. Maybe they wouldn't have one at all -- just point to the support email link if there is a problem. That would save us a lot of painful waste of time explaining the same problem over and over to those who really don't want to know the bitter truth.

--
Edited to comply with forum rules - nelsoc
SUPPORT ADVISOR
School i7 4770 8threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:30:29 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 2:55:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Nice reply by a CA................ ask questions and get nothing in response... very diplomatic.

Rick

--
Edited to remove a quote that has been edited - nelsoc
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:33:30 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:20:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:

There's just not a whole lot we can say about anything.

Y'all can check the member stats. Those teddie posters have already withdrawn their machines from crunching here.
SUPPORT ADVISOR
School i7 4770 8threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
[Jul 12, 2007 3:26:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
olympic
Senior Cruncher

You do not buy your way into WCG by donating CPU cycles. The same way you do not buy your way into any other forum by donating your knowledge to help other members. Donating means no strings attached. You chose to donate your equipment and can give as much or as little as you see fit. No one is forcing you to do anything here. If WCG factored in a members donation into their decisions here in the forums it would lead to chaos.

I fully agree with the way the situation was handled re: shutting down certain forums over the weekend, Carl being banned, etc. We all know that the people with real power are not here on the weekends and one only has to look back a few months to see what happens when the trolls are allowed to run amuck on weekends. Should others have been banned or atleast sent a final warning? I say yes but once again, I do not know the full story and what criteria WCG uses to warrant a ban.

As the higher-ups have stated many times, there are things that happened out of public view that we may never see. Some details have been posted and I feel that's enough. If WCG sees fit to post more, that's their decision.

[Jul 12, 2007 3:28:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Can't we all just get along?

-- Rodney King
[Jul 12, 2007 3:28:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread