Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3755 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Carl.h

Oops -- sorry -- thought I was in the "Quote of the day" thread biggrin
[Jul 12, 2007 3:29:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Teddie comment - I apologize for, possibly out of line - but read like an attack by CA on a single team to me.

--
Edited due to previous edits - nelsoc
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:35:06 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:33:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Retsof I meant the exchange you had earlier with DCManiak .

If the sig bothers you that much may I suggest you take it up with WCG and have it removed.

very diplomatic

Well Rwillis is par for the course here anymore. I expect nothing better here.

BTW Retsof you lame attempt to incite a flame war and give reason to lock the thread has failed.
[Jul 12, 2007 3:35:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I hope this thread does not get locked

--
Edited to comply with forum rules - nelsoc
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:40:11 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:39:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:

Retsof I meant the exchange you had earlier with DCManiak .
I read it differently and DCManiak explained it.

I hope this thread does not get locked, this is good humor.
Some would read it as good humour.

--
SUPPORT ADVISOR
Work+GPU i7 8700 12threads
School i7 4770 8threads
Default+GPU Ryzen 7 3700X 16threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
Home i7 3540M 4threads50%
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:37:07 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:44:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

BTW Retsof you lame attempt to incite a flame war and give reason to lock the thread has failed.

No more flames...the ice cream is melting wink
[Jul 12, 2007 3:47:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I hope it doesn't get locked either........... I'm just asking questions of an CA, and the CA's responses to others questions.

Reading an Ca response as some of those above is IMHO out of line for someone with a CA title.

Rick

--
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:41:12 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:50:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

While I was a bit bummed out about not being able to post this past weekend, I totally understand why WCG chose to temporarily suspend posting to the forums.

First, I would like to applaud WCG and the CAs for the restraint they have shown by not making impulsive and emotional responses to posts that would have likely just fanned an even larger scale, all-out flame war. I never posted over on grid.org because whenever I checked out the forums all I saw was outright rudeness and out of control flames filled with disrespect. I came over to WCG and was pleasantly pleased to find an overall very friendly group of people. (I am very glad I got to know WCG before this "controversy" brewed up, otherwise I likely would have formed a very different opinion!) I for one am thankful that the WCG staff made the decisive effort to stop things before they got any uglier than they already did. No matter how much anyone feels they were "wronged", there was no need to dredge things thru the gutter with child-inappropriate language, personal attacks, or insults.

Secondly, I would like to point out that WCG members here want and expect software bugs to be fixed, enhancements to be implemented, statistics to be posted quicker, etc etc. Well folks, that takes TIME AND RESOURCES to accomplish. And if those resources are too busy cleaning up inappropriate postings then how/when do you expect them to get around to making all those requested software changes....hmmmmm??? (Last time I checked, there was no such thing as a Bug-Fix Fairy with a magic wand to swoop in during the night to get these things done!)

The main purpose of WCG is for people to CRUNCH, not to post to these forums. To be able to post at all should be considered a privilege, NOT a right. Having teams, team and game forums are all essentially "perks" to donating our CPU time. Take a look at the WCG mission statement... where does it mention forums??
World Community Grid's mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. Our work is built on the belief that technological innovation combined with visionary scientific research and large-scale volunteerism can change our world for the better. Our success depends on individuals - like you - collectively contributing their unused computer time to this not-for-profit endeavor.

The ability for any of us to post to forums here is mutually exclusive of the crunching project. I bet that in theory the WCG staff could decide that its just not worth the never-ending headache of dealing with all this drama, and simply shutdown all the community forums permanently, leaving only read-only notices of bug reports, system downtimes, etc. I for one would HATE to see that happen, since I think the team spirit that normally is seen in the community forums adds a FUN little bonus to this humanitarian effort. So it behooves us all to be on our best behavior, and not let disagreements degrade to insults and flame wars.

Thats my opinion. Thank you...
[Jul 12, 2007 3:52:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

GavisconQueen, your post is right on the money.

--
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 7:43:07 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 3:59:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Good night all -- time to get my beauty sleep (problem is, I'd need about a hundred years to begin to get it to work). I have enjoyed the company this evening.
[Jul 12, 2007 4:16:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread