Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3688 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
zombie67 [MM]
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Carl.h

The ability for any of us to post to forums here is mutually exclusive of the crunching project.

Do you really believe that this (or any) project would have the any where near the same participation without a forum/community of some sort? Look at all the successful projects out there. The biggest all have the largest forum/community activity. It's not a coincidence. No forum, in the end, no project.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by zombie67 at Jul 12, 2007 5:08:08 AM]
[Jul 12, 2007 5:07:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
zombie67 [MM]
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

The process should have some air of due process about it and should not even be perceived to be arbitrary.

...or done behind closed doors. Full disclosure & transparency.

[Jul 12, 2007 5:16:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Flaming Retsof blurted out his arse
I've got a headless teddie here that is postable.

I got a spike to stick right up your arse but you`d probably enjoy it, nounce !

Who`s causing the problems here? The CA`s who just can`t keep their big traps shut.

Oooh and Retsof check the stats and get your details correct, you blind imbecile not all Teddies withdrew and you`ll find those that may have still had daily points.

You`re liars, twisters and downright cowards, thank fuck I don`t crunch for you wankers.

And if you wanna make this visible go on do me a favour cos I will.

I aint here for the Religious hypocrites who do nothing but make war, I aint here for the lying CA`s and Admin, I aint here for the wankers who cannot accept language has moved on...go buy any rap CD....I`m here to try to save lives.

Teddies are back now go fuck yourselves and stuff your forum up your fucking arse.
[Jul 12, 2007 9:14:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank you CAs for ruining this thread and attempting to start another flame war. Very responsible of you. Admin, would it be possible to delete the rubbish about Ice cream and stuff and the attempts at flames please ? Thanks.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 12:09:46 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 12:04:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I can't believe how fast the Team and Chat forums have gone downhill recently. This has gotten old. People have forgotten why we are here. That's too bad.
I'll stick to reading the support forums from now on. Where there is actually useful and readable material.
[Jul 12, 2007 1:52:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank you CAs for ruining this thread and attempting to start another flame war. Very responsible of you. Admin, would it be possible to delete the rubbish about Ice cream and stuff and the attempts at flames please ? Thanks.

Now your just making yourself look bad. This posts sounds like sour grapes.

You asked for an answer on why carl got kicked and you got it. Carl was kicked for things he did behind the scenes not what you said. He made extra work for admins and would not let things lie. He more than you got the forum rightly shutdown for the weekend until the owners could be here and figure out what they wanted to do about it. All things the admin did sound resonable to me, an unbiased bystander. Please turn the page for all our sakes. Decide weather you want to crunch here and be done with it one way or another.
[Jul 12, 2007 3:23:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
applause Re: Carl.h

Now your just making yourself look bad. This posts sounds like sour grapes.

You asked for an answer on why carl got kicked and you got it. Carl was kicked for things he did behind the scenes not what you said. He made extra work for admins and would not let things lie. He more than you got the forum rightly shutdown for the weekend until the owners could be here and figure out what they wanted to do about it. All things the admin did sound resonable to me, an unbiased bystander. Please turn the page for all our sakes. Decide weather you want to crunch here and be done with it one way or another.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 12, 2007 6:30:18 PM]
[Jul 12, 2007 6:29:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

In the dark there is a pencil......
[Jul 12, 2007 7:15:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

While I was a bit bummed out about not being able to post this past weekend, I totally understand why WCG chose to temporarily suspend posting to the forums.

First, I would like to applaud WCG and the CAs for the restraint they have shown by not making impulsive and emotional responses to posts that would have likely just fanned an even larger scale, all-out flame war. I never posted over on grid.org because whenever I checked out the forums all I saw was outright rudeness and out of control flames filled with disrespect. I came over to WCG and was pleasantly pleased to find an overall very friendly group of people. (I am very glad I got to know WCG before this "controversy" brewed up, otherwise I likely would have formed a very different opinion!) I for one am thankful that the WCG staff made the decisive effort to stop things before they got any uglier than they already did. No matter how much anyone feels they were "wronged", there was no need to dredge things thru the gutter with child-inappropriate language, personal attacks, or insults.

Secondly, I would like to point out that WCG members here want and expect software bugs to be fixed, enhancements to be implemented, statistics to be posted quicker, etc etc. Well folks, that takes TIME AND RESOURCES to accomplish. And if those resources are too busy cleaning up inappropriate postings then how/when do you expect them to get around to making all those requested software changes....hmmmmm??? (Last time I checked, there was no such thing as a Bug-Fix Fairy with a magic wand to swoop in during the night to get these things done!)

The main purpose of WCG is for people to CRUNCH, not to post to these forums. To be able to post at all should be considered a privilege, NOT a right. Having teams, team and game forums are all essentially "perks" to donating our CPU time. Take a look at the WCG mission statement... where does it mention forums??
World Community Grid's mission is to create the largest public computing grid benefiting humanity. Our work is built on the belief that technological innovation combined with visionary scientific research and large-scale volunteerism can change our world for the better. Our success depends on individuals - like you - collectively contributing their unused computer time to this not-for-profit endeavor.

The ability for any of us to post to forums here is mutually exclusive of the crunching project. I bet that in theory the WCG staff could decide that its just not worth the never-ending headache of dealing with all this drama, and simply shutdown all the community forums permanently, leaving only read-only notices of bug reports, system downtimes, etc. I for one would HATE to see that happen, since I think the team spirit that normally is seen in the community forums adds a FUN little bonus to this humanitarian effort. So it behooves us all to be on our best behavior, and not let disagreements degrade to insults and flame wars.

Thats my opinion. Thank you...

Perfectly said! There is nothing more to say.
[Jul 12, 2007 7:32:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I would like to know why we had to suffer thru the weekend without being able to post in certain threads That is the only decision that i disagreed with. As i observed Carl was certainly trying to cause grief in a lot of threads and i did agree with his suspension as i was one that complained about him. He just kept coming back and would not desist

Gerald --
I am sure that it wasn't that visible to you and other members of our community, but the events that were being played out Friday night and Saturday morning were fully occupying at least 3 of the WCG technical staff as well as most of us that are Community Advisors. I think the Project team made the correct decision in shutting down the three forums which appeared to be affected. First of all, it gave the professional staff their weekend back. Secondly, it allowed the CA's to pay attention to any problems users were reporting in the support forums. Finally, it gave everyone a chance to cool down. Many of us including myself missed being able to post in our team forums and the chat rooms, but, I think the right decision was made.

Well Dave thanks for the information--No i didnt know all that smile was going on and i did feel like the correct decision was made and Friday eve. i thought all had been settled. Then Saturday mor er afternoon when i fell out of my bed and checked the grid i saw that we were locked out--I guess that i over reacted I felt like the little kid that had his her candy taken away--Thanks for your help on this issue-I guess the forums here are are almost as important to me as the research as you know all the friendship from around the world has been uplifting to me
[Jul 12, 2007 9:43:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread