Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 46
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7296 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
rembertw
Senior Cruncher
Belgium
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Influenza - Next one to finish ?

Maybe there should be a new project on WCG, "Help cure badge hunting fever"? biggrin

Well... Dengue has released a new batch, that will take some of the heat off the FLU. For a little while.

It worked with me blushing
[Sep 11, 2009 12:15:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smeyer55
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Having had a look at the sequence numbers of the WUs, I would predict that if the pace goes on like in the last couple of days, series 9 starts on Monday next week, with all regular WUs sent out no later than September 25.

I have noticed that the pace of the batch numbers is speeding up from last week. Last week we were doing about 64 batches/day. Now its around 79-80 per day. At that rate we will reach the 902 batch by early Monday as you said. At 80 batches per day we would finish the series 9 in just over 11 days after it starts. If we continue to speed up it will be even sooner. I've not been seeing any "no work available" message, so I would guess we haven't hit the feeder limit yet.

I would attribute this speedup to people jumping on the project and then buffering up several days worth of work. I hope things slow down after the badge hunters fill up their buffers, otherwise I'm not going to make Sapphire. sad

Of course this is all just guessing and assuming that the series 9 batches will be sized similar to the series 8 batches. Uplinger has stated in other posts that he has new work until October. That doesn't match with our guesses so one of us is wrong wink The badge hunter in me hopes Uplinger is right...

Steve
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by smeyer55 at Sep 11, 2009 12:22:06 PM]
[Sep 11, 2009 12:19:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Now disable that panic button please. The last 4 days of validation strongly suggests a limit at the ~30k mark.

Sep.07-09 29565
Sep.08-09 30038
Sep.09-09 30298
Sep.10-09 30497
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 11, 2009 12:43:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We try to set the rate of work units sent out to a percentage of the grid. As some may have noticed there has been an increase in the speed on World Community Grid, this means more work units for all projects. At the moment, we are targeting about 7.5% of the grid. This is not easy to keep at with multiple projects running, some starting, some stopping. So a little bit of a variance in work units is ok. When I was referring to no increase I was referring to the method DDDT was finished. Where when we got the last batches we bumped the project from about 3% at that time up to 15%....This major increase will not happen. On a positive note, we have all of the final input for IADS and will be getting a better estimate for everyone in the next few days.

-Uplinger
[Sep 11, 2009 2:52:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks, as in about 10 days emerald but need about 24-27 more for Saphire. So your estimates will help me direct my resources.
[Sep 11, 2009 5:45:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PecosRiverM
Veteran Cruncher
The Great State of Texas
Project Badges:

Looks like after Influenza finishes we'll get a break. The next projexts look to last til '11.
Time for alittle system maint. and working on upgrading my 3 other badges.

Maybe even playing afew games biggrin

[Sep 13, 2009 4:48:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread