Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Thread Type: Global Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 160
Posts: 160   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 131119 times and has 159 replies Next Thread
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: World Community Grid complete restart

Unixchick: The figures all show a reduction of the number of units crunched. It probably reflects figures from those who have cached 5 or more days and even they are now running out and running dry. If they don't release any more work units the figures for May 4 will show quite a drop off. I have bee virtually dry since May 2, but then I only cache about 1.5 days worth of work.
May 3 for ARP showed only 2 work units. My guess is unless there is a change May 4 will be zero.
I don't know how long it would take for everybody to run completely dry, but guess it would be about 8 or 9 days.At that level, most of the units would be late.
Cheers
----------------------------------------
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 4, 2023 2:21:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I've been running a 3 hour cache for SCC, and I'm about to run dry, but this morning I was getting enough to keep my small cache full. It was only a few hours ago that my cache started to dwindle.

It really is time for statement from WCG - like so many have said before.
[May 4, 2023 3:55:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder7
Senior Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:

Perhaps I've simply been wrong in my understanding - English is not my mother language, after all. I always thought a Communications Intern was someone who was learning about communication. Perhaps it's just someone who communicates internally.That would explain a lot, actually.
[May 4, 2023 6:22:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CaffeinatedSloth
Advanced Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Are we completely out of new work? None of my devices have pulled anything other than the occasional resend from any subproject in the last 24 hours, meaning a lot of the time, cores have sat idle until one or two WUs trickle in... Wasn't much help for the other 14 threads of my 16-threader!

I've temporarily switched on work from other projects just to keep the cores ticking over, but I don't want to miss any work from here if there is in fact work and it's just my machines having an issue...

Chris

[May 4, 2023 10:18:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

As far as I know the answer is yes, we are out of new work. Before I shut down all but one of my machines, I pulled exactly 5 work units on May 3. The last one was at 03:07 UTC. I will leave the one system up that the family uses just to see when work supply resumes.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[May 4, 2023 11:23:15 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wildhagen
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Problem seems to be solved now? I just got huge loads, of MCM1 and OPNG, and decent numbers of SCC. No OPN1 or ARP wu's etc yet.
[May 4, 2023 2:04:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

And WCG just keeps slapping their volunteers in the face for days, now they are even kicking us in the <bleep>! crying

For days now,

No WUs for most hosts!

Those hosts that gets a pittance of WUs, they are being stuck with download errors!

And for the better part of a week now, absolute silence for WCG Towers, not one beep about the latest FUBAR...

And then they are wondering when people get upset about their non-actions and non-information.

Wake up WCG!

Ralf

[May 4, 2023 2:06:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Unixchick
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I switched to backup projects last night. I'm glad Boinc makes this so easy, considering how much I have to flip back and forth.

This morning I got a big batch of resends. Has anyone seen a new WU this morning?

The problem with not having any WUs is that Boinc asks for WUs less often. You have to manually request to get more frequent queries, and reset the timer. I personally don't want to set a coded request timer, as I feel that is a burden the WCG system doesn't need.

I hope everyone who wanted any WUs got some. Hopefully everyone can keep their cache at a reasonable size.
[May 4, 2023 3:12:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I switched to backup projects last night. I'm glad Boinc makes this so easy, considering how much I have to flip back and forth.

This morning I got a big batch of resends. Has anyone seen a new WU this morning?

The problem with not having any WUs is that Boinc asks for WUs less often. You have to manually request to get more frequent queries, and reset the timer. I personally don't want to set a coded request timer, as I feel that is a burden the WCG system doesn't need.

I hope everyone who wanted any WUs got some. Hopefully everyone can keep their cache at a reasonable size.
Well, it seems within the last hour or so, WUs started to come in again, though on a lot of hosts with tons of download errors.
On my programming machine I am sitting at right now, I got one OPN1 _3 resend, and 4 _1 WUs.also about two doen MCM1 which all seem to be new WUs (though I deselected that project more than a week ago) and almost two dozen NVidia OPNG, all new WUs....

Ralf

[May 4, 2023 3:24:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nivrip
Senior Cruncher
North Yorkshire
Project Badges:

]Has anyone seen a new WU this morning?

I've had a steady stream of WUs over the last few days, MCM,SCC and OPNG all about 50% new units and 50% non-new. Never been anywhere near the point of running out.
ЮРКШИР КРУНЧЕР
[May 4, 2023 3:41:12 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 160   Pages: 16   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread