Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 46
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1611 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
Richard S Mitnick
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No new tasks in quite a while

I have not received any new tasks for quite some time. Is there some problem?
----------------------------------------
[Mar 9, 2024 12:44:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bryn Mawr
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: No new tasks in quite a while

I have not received any new tasks for quite some time. Is there some problem?

Yes, the system is playing catch-up assimilating completed tasks processed in the past 4 months. This is taking processing power away from the task generators and there are not enough tasks to go round.
[Mar 9, 2024 1:45:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Spiderman
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

+1 -- Appreciate the news. I was concerned as well since I have two systems down with several more about to run dry as well.

Time for the backup project...
[Mar 9, 2024 4:02:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BobbyB
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

There are not many backups left on my list which still have work. Tn-Grid and Denis are 0 and Rosetta is at 41,000.

My slower machines still have WCG but the monsters are on backup and have been for 1+ day.

I would hate having to wake SiDock
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BobbyB at Mar 9, 2024 4:15:13 PM]
[Mar 9, 2024 4:13:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Richard S Mitnick
Cruncher

I see now three tasks waiting to run, sol "solved" for now.
[Mar 9, 2024 11:59:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

There are not many backups left on my list which still have work. Tn-Grid and Denis are 0 and Rosetta is at 41,000.

My slower machines still have WCG but the monsters are on backup and have been for 1+ day.

DENIS is back for the moment. March 10 at 03:30 UTC.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Mar 10, 2024 3:28:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

DENIS is back for the moment. March 10 at 03:30 UTC.

Cheers
For me, it is completely down, just like it went down a few days ago. Only get the "Can't connect to database" message on the web site and none of the WUs are uploading and reporting.
(March 10, 2024, 18:30 UTC)

Ralf

[Mar 10, 2024 6:32:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dacker
Cruncher
confused Re: No new tasks in quite a while

It's March 19 now and I haven't had any new work since on or about March 12. The last entry in this thread was March 10 and I have not seen any official announcements of an issue.

What's going on?

I guess I need to move-on to my backup project, Rosetta@home?
[Mar 20, 2024 2:46:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder7
Senior Cruncher
Netherlands
Project Badges:

See https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg...d,45375_offset,120#695306 for more information.

If you want information about the project, some searching in the forums is expected. There is no status page or central 'Official news only' thread.
[Mar 20, 2024 7:06:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BobbyB
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

I guess I need to move-on to my backup project, Rosetta@home?
During these few days I have Rosetta and Denis and TnGrid active as backups and when they go dry I active SiDock (yes I did say no more for them) as a last resort just for a while to fill the queues so that overnight I do not go empty. There is a bit of juggling with settings so that I do not get too many of their 1 day+ WUs.

Yes it's a lot of babysitting but I have not been empty for more than a few hours. I only have 5 machines. If there were lots it would be too much to do and I would shut some off.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BobbyB at Mar 20, 2024 3:10:34 PM]
[Mar 20, 2024 3:07:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread