Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 122
Posts: 122   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45382 times and has 121 replies Next Thread
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Nutritious Rice for the World - 30 days left of new work

Anyone seen them yet, them R00627? Sunday normal and Monday morning showed teeny reduction.

Yes, I've just grabbed 24 of the R00627-serie.

If haven't made a calculation-error, this should be enough to reach my target, so have switched-away from Rice. cool
----------------------------------------

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Mar 22, 2010 5:33:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Given your signature

"I make so many mistakes... "

recommend you triple check, before it's too late.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Mar 22, 2010 5:42:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

Given your signature

"I make so many mistakes... "

recommend you triple check, before it's too late.

laughing
Hmm... according to the WCG-logs, I've done 1162 Rice-tasks, with total cpu-time... 342.1314882 days. At top of this, I've got 79 Rice-tasks on client.

According to web-site, I've done 1142 Rice, and 0:336:06:43:01. On top of this, I've reported 20 tasks since last stats-update.

So, #Rice is consistent, and shows there's not been any validation-errors on the Rice. wink Also, web-time + 20 x 7 /24 = 342.1132 days... I would say this is "close enough" to be consistent with 342.1315 days. cool

Lastly, 342.1132 + 79 * 7 / 24 = 365.155 days.

So, if the remaining tasks doesn't suddenly terminate after 6 hours or something, and barring any crashes, I think the calculations is accurate enough. cool

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Mar 22, 2010 6:22:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Anyone seen them yet, them R00627? Sunday normal and Monday morning showed teeny reduction.

Yes, I've just grabbed 24 of the R00627-serie.

Got 627 here too.
[Mar 22, 2010 6:31:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

0.1315 days spare... Guess you run it very tight, but it could be tighter as there are always these closing minutes to finish the seed... had 1 spare complete several weeks ago as the quorum indicated that aborts were not being reissued and had to do a 0.25 day overrun from target else it would have been 1 hour short, hence cool

Nutritious Rice for the World results 2,287, run time 2:000:13:07:16.

This one is the closest on the badges yet in the list 1:000:01:49:22 for CEP1 or 0.073 days

The joy of speeding on the edge biggrin
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Mar 22, 2010 6:38:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

And a lot of people call the badges stupid. But this is exactly the reason it makes them fun. A race to the finish type of event. It was a nail-biter for me until I turned on my i7 machine constantly for the past few days to plow through them to make my target of 1 year. Otherwise, I just have a P4 HT running 24/7 on my server at home...it's my work horse.
[Mar 22, 2010 7:06:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Without the badge chase, crunching is a little like watching paint dry - the machines are doing all the work. It's the introduction of new projects, badges and strategy, troubles with the computations or software that some like to analyze, building a crunching machine or farm and the camaraderie of the group that is the best stuff to interest humans. Over on DDDT2 people are going crazy because they haven't gotten a steady supply of wu's yet even though it's been explained many times by the well connected that the project is only in its infancy. There are those that just like to install the software, click on their project choices and never look back, but those that frequent the forums seem to have a need to know more about the projects and how the whole thing works. It's a computer hobby as much a donation of resources for the scientists to help in the research for those of use that are clueless in biological research.

BTW I'm currently getting 617,618,619,620 and 627 in the last 24 hours.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 22, 2010 9:53:33 PM]
[Mar 22, 2010 9:14:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

0.1315 days spare... Guess you run it very tight, but it could be tighter as there are always these closing minutes to finish the seed... had 1 spare complete several weeks ago as the quorum indicated that aborts were not being reissued and had to do a 0.25 day overrun from target else it would have been 1 hour short, hence cool

Well, I'll see in roughly 5 days how much more than 365.1315 days Rice will become. cool

Afterwards, not sure, maybe I'll finally reach silver in HCMD2. tongue

But, even before starts on any more WCG, has some FAMOUS-models to run. smile

[Mar 22, 2010 10:07:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Good luck to all trying to get a final badge before the project hopper runs dry. good luck
Its been a close race to the finish line. I am still trying to catch my breath. laughing
Be sure to let us know you made it in the project recognition thread.

Cheers coffee

[Mar 23, 2010 5:30:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

w0en,
Your analysis above (https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...28575_lastpage,yes#272537) is probably one of the best ones to explain what motivates most WCG crunchers who are active on our forums. smile

Well done. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Mar 23, 2010 10:05:20 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 122   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread